Sr. Software Engineer - Java, Linux, REST, JSON and XML
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
You will be at the forefront in building the next generation of systems that provide connectivity and access into Visa. The access systems are fundamental to the Visa Business and amongst only a handful of the most mission critical systems at Visa. You will deliver access solutions that fit into the wider efforts to re-engineer Visa’s core processing systems. You need to have an excellent background in software analysis, design and implementation. You will join an outstanding and expanding software engineering team. Nothing less than absolute success is required. The position is based in Foster City, CA.
- Develop and document high level and detailed design specifications using Object Oriented methodologies
- Design and develop highly scalable and fault tolerant distributed components
- Code & unit test system components and applications in a range of programming languages
- Quickly gain domain expertise in critical application areas to SME level
- Champion software development best practices such as coding standards, code reviews, secure coding practices, integration and regression tests etc.
- Work independently with minimal guidance becoming a mentor and role model for other team members
- Proactively work to identify issues and provide solutions for the same
- Provide 24x7 production support to ensure smooth operations
2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)University Recruiting Only: Master’s Degree without experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or bachelor’s with 2+ years of experience
- Proficient in design and implementation using Java programming language
- Proficient in Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA/OOD)
- Experience with Unix/Linux OS
- Experience in multi-threaded application development
- Experience with web services development using REST, JSON and XML
- Experience with build automation using tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Git, Artifactory and Docker
- Familiarity of database concepts with experience in MySQL
- UI development skills using frameworks such as Angular and Node JS is a plus
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills are a pre-requisite
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline is required
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.