Senior Business Process Improvement Analyst
Visa, Austin TX, US
Everywhere you want to be
The Senior Business Process Improvement Analyst position is within the Employee Experience Lifecycle Team of Corporate IT, a function that champions the technology needs of Visa staff.
This team works with technology and business partners to provide a center of excellence within the organization to drive efficiency, effectiveness, and an exceptional user experience.
We are passionate about empowering our business user and supporting their success. We are looking for equally passionate people to lead a continuing journey of delivering world class technology, processes, services, support, and experience to our colleagues.
Reporting to the Operational Excellence & Execution Director, this role will work with diverse teams across technology and business to identify and implement process efficiencies, while contributing to efficient and successful product delivery by driving process automation, improvement, and standardization across all functional areas and across all project lifecycle stages from inception to end-of-life.
This position requires extensive lean DMAIC experience analyzing and creating process flows within the context of cross-functional programs. Will also possess excellent leadership and interpersonal skills necessary to influence teams to deliver in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
In addition, this role requires demonstrated experience with process analysis, process design, process flow documentation, process improvement and target operating models. As the Senior Business Process Improvement Analyst, you will actively lead continuous improvement projects (Black Belt) using Lean and DMAIC process improvement methodologies with the output being an optimal future state process and/or target operating model.
We are seeking a Senior Business Process Improvement Analyst who has a mind for creating metrics, the ability to formulate strategy, can lead critical continuous process improvement efforts, with the ultimate goal of improving both operating and financial performance.
- Drive process improvement and automation through cross-functional collaboration across all phases of the project lifecycle including all activities necessary to define, measure, analyze, improve and control a new process or solution.
- Cultivate trusted advisor relationships across the organization including technology, finance, human resources, risk, legal, sales, marketing, and operations through demonstrated expertise and action-based leadership.
- Prepare and deliver status updates and presentations to internal stakeholders and executive leadership team.
- Conduct interviews and facilitate workshops with business stakeholders to formulate strategy, define customer needs, validate requirements and proposed changes to business processes and operating models.
- Develop process improvement procedures and monitoring and reporting on process performance and adoption across the organization.
- Formulate strategic objectives and appropriate key measurements for initiatives.
- Analyze current process standards and metrics in order to provide solutions for improvements, updating and maintaining documentation on process improvements and performance.
- Perform data gathering, root cause analysis, demand analysis and performance trending in order to develop appropriate process control changes.
- Analyze and document dependencies between new and existing processes and identify opportunities for improvements.
- Serve as a change agent for transitioning business stakeholders to new ways of working.
- Provide education and training on changes, updates, and improvements for guidelines, processes, and procedures to stakeholders and management.
- Serve as a contributor and advocate for global Lean initiatives and the fostering of a Lean culture.
- Help with mentoring other team members (will not have any direct reports).
- Identify potential roadblocks/obstacles and escalate issues as needed.
- Serves as a catalyst for continuous business process improvement.
• 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD.
• Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification.
• Demonstrated business process improvement experience (DMAIC).
• Proven ability to accurately produce detailed process flow designs, document key metrics, and produce supporting cost/benefit analysis.
• Ability to understand and work with technical concepts and creatively apply these concepts to process innovation and business efficiency.
• Ability to design target operating models that satisfy strategic needs, customer needs, business needs, and decisions have been taken using data.
• Strong stakeholder management, analytical, interviewing, project management, and creative problem-solving skills.
• Strong team-player with proven ability to effectively work with and influence various business functions within an organization.
• Ability to work in a team-based model, partnering with team members to drive initiatives to completion.
• Mastery of Microsoft Office, Visio, Power Point and Excel as well as process mapping and analysis tools.
• The ideal candidate will have an MBA and 6+ years experience at a management consulting firm, in an internal consulting or process re-engineering role or 8+ years of experience in lieu of an MBA.
• Lean Six Sigma skills - 4+ years experience as a Six Sigma Black Belt with a proven track record.
• Experience in developing and implementing process improvement procedures and in applying statistical analysis to research and recommendations.
• Experience in developing target operating models, from defining vision and strategy to future state design.
• Data analytics and reporting experience.
• Problem solving skills - Superior ability to structure and scope complex problems, apply a range of analytical tools, gain and synthesize insights and develop solutions.
• Client management skills - Advanced ability to closely partner with senior leaders and other stakeholders on projects.
• Project management skills - Proven ability to frame projects and establish required governance to move projects forward.
• Communication skills - Strong written and oral executive-level communications skills.
• 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.