The Pricing Analyst will support or lead work streams on projects related to Visa Inc.'s interchange pricing strategy and/or broader corporate initiatives, including collaborating with business lines across functional areas. Specific projects will vary greatly in sponsor, business or strategic focus, depth, and stakeholder served, ranging from broad coordination efforts across multiple functional areas to focused special assignments for senior management that are of particularly high strategic importance to Visa Inc.
The position requires the ability to apply strong analytical and critical thinking skills to solve business problems, and quickly arrive at recommendations that drive corporate priorities.
The Analyst will report to the Senior Director, U.S. Interchange Issuer Strategy and will be based at Visa's offices in Foster City, California.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support and lead elements of US interchange pricing strategy development and refinement, including opportunity identification, strategic analysis, direct client negotiation of deal terms, contract review, reporting, and sizing of impacts of implementation
- Support or lead aspects of interchange rate modeling, socialization and forecasting, including but not limited to business case and stakeholder impact assessment development around all proposed new fees/services and/or rate modifications, as well as post-implementation maintenance
- Identify, prioritize, and execute the activities required to support Visa's corporate strategies, priorities, and special initiative projects
- Work within cross-functional and cross-regional project teams to solve corporate business problems, collaborating and coordinating with a range of internal stakeholders to make recommendations on a wide range of business issues
- Use Visa´s transactional databases to assess a broad set of quantitative and qualitative issues, and synthesize this information from large datasets into key points for Divisional management
- Communicate and generate support for recommendations among business leaders across the organization
- Educate clients and internal stakeholders on Visa´s interchange strategy
-2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
-3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
-BA / BS (MBA / MS Preferred)
-1 - 3 years of experience in financial services, payments processing, and/or strategy consulting
-Additional work experience in financial and strategic analysis is preferred
-Experience in managing competing demands of multiple projects at the same time, often with overlapping sets of stakeholders and individual timelines
-Ability to work independently, usually within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to build rigorous, fact-bases that support recommendations to senior management, other executive, functional, or regional management.
-Ability to handle multiple project work streams. Must be able to develop content independently, often under significant time constraints.
-Should be able to prioritize work flow with limited supervision.
-Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor.
-Demonstrated expertise in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; understanding of macros a plus
-Experience with SQL server, a plus
-Eagerness to work intensively in joint teams with personnel of all levels to accomplish project objectives.
-Personal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages in written and verbal communications.
-Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility as a "peer" with Global Functions.
-Strategic thinker with ability to evaluate ideas and proposals within broader company objectives
-Self-starter attitude - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the information needed for the project at hand.
-Openness to an environment of active developmental feedback and coaching from peers and managers
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Relocation/Sponsorship: No relocation or work sponsorship is available for this position.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.