Systems Architect- Sr. Consultant
Visa, Bellevue WA, US
Everywhere you want to be
The Merchant and Acquirer Processing (MAP) product development organization is responsible for design, implementation and support of merchant payment management solutions including payment acceptance and commerce management, risk management and marketing tools, along with the platform services which enable our clients to enroll in and configure these solutions.
This role will be part of the architecture group and will drive the evolution of the software products to meet key business objectives for the Authorize .NET (www.authorize.net) and Cybersource (www.cybersource.com) platforms. As an Architect, you will partner with lead and chief architects along with cross-functional teams to define system and solution architectures for products deployed on our commerce platform. You will understand the required business capabilities, their strategic drivers, and the associated functional/non-functional requirements, and provide the target state solution as well as any interim state architectures to enable technical teams to execute against a well-defined line-of-sight. You will be keenly aware of the service inter-dependencies and build extensible and flexible architectures to drive engineering excellence, security, scalability, reliability and performance.
- Support and drive awareness for long-term target state architectures for product development projects through clear and articulate diagrams, artifacts, code, and other documentation such as logical architectures, deployment topologies, sequence diagrams, functional decompositions, and API swagger specs.
- Build expertise in developing inherently secure, highly available, reliable, reusable, and scalable solutions, and define architectures in line with these tenants
- Lead and code Proof of Concept (POC) solutions as needed to vet new technologies proposed in your architecture.
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology solutions to meet business and technology challenges, guide product development teams through their implementation
- Ensure that project teams follow a common set of architectural principles and patterns; and utilize a standard set of technology frameworks and libraries.
- Participate and contribute to the architecture community to ensure that solutions are built in alignment with platform principles and standards.
- Apply architecture best practices to increase execution velocity, specifically as it relates to leveraging existing Visa shared assets.
- Contribute to key Visa and Cybersource technology initiatives.
- Keep abreast of evolving technologies and anticipate technological evolutions that could be leveraged to enhance current architectures
- Champion technology innovation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field required. Master's Degree or other advanced degree preferred.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in architecture or development role.
- Expertise in building scalable, flexible and fault tolerant systems.
- Expertise in design patterns, anti-patterns and best practices.
- • Sound knowledge of architecture methodologies and modeling
- Extensive hands on experience in Java software development, web applications and microservices, REST APIs, technology standards and frameworks. .NET experience/expertise a plus.
- Experience with multiple databases – relational and NoSQL, messaging middleware.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication/articulation skills.
- Strong business acumen to translate requirements into effective architecture roadmap.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and software development lifecycle principles.
- Ability to manage multiple competing top priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with electronic payments and financial services is a plus
- Prior Enterprise Solution Architecture experience is a plus
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.