Senior Manager - Financial ERP Systems
Visa, Austin TX, US
Everywhere you want to be
As the Senior Manager in Financial ERP Systems, you will play a pivotal role in leading and managing the team in Austin to deliver against Financial ERP systems initiatives. We are looking for someone who is hands-on and willing to challenge existing solutions and development processes, to lead the team in building system solutions with emphasis in user experience, functionality, automation, resilience, performance and availability.
- Manage and grow the Financial ERP Systems team located in Austin, Texas, which includes a group of Developers and QA Engineers supporting Visa’s global integrated financial systems platform.
- Provide day-to-day guidance to the team throughout the software application development lifecycle to deliver flexible, innovative, cost effective solutions while meeting business, compliance and security requirements.
- Work with software vendors, system integrators and internal Visa teams to deliver all initiatives ranging from large enterprise implementations to smaller features / enhancements.
- Embrace Corporate Reliability Engineering principles and embed Agility, Automation, Analytics, Resiliency and Monitoring into daily work to build ever more reliable financial systems and services.
- Determine short-term and long-term resource needs and staffing strategy. Develop organizational structure, workforce plan and succession plans. Recruit and mentor new and existing hires.
- Lead by example and bias toward action - Stay hands-on in development and testing work; maintain high-level view while recognizing the need to work out details.
- Identify opportunities, create, and implement processes to improve the effectiveness of the team and operational excellence. Ensure the team follows established standards and best practices as part of the SDLC. Engage in lessons learned and continuous process improvement.
- Stays current with enterprise ERP technologies and make recommendations for adoption as appropriate
- Establish credibility throughout the organization by practicing the Visa leadership principles -- collaboration, exceling with partners, maintaining open communication, encouraging and inspiring staff.
- Effectively manage internal and external team collaboration and communication
- Utilizes sound financial principles to lead efforts in accurate forecasting and monitoring of all development investments
• 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
• 8 years of experience designing and implementing Financial ERP systems using Oracle or SAP Ariba, Concur.
• Strong track record of successful financial systems project delivery. At least three full cycle implementation of Oracle ERP or SAP Ariba projects.
• Well versed in Finance business processes in Accounting, Sourcing, Procurement, Payables, Tax, Travel Expenses, Corporate cards, as well as their interdependencies and how system solutions fit into the processes.
• Deep understanding of enterprise application architecture and data modeling, as well as object relational database mapping. Familiarity with industry standards and best practices.
• Experience in working with vendors in triaging, analyzing and resolving issues in Enterprise software applications.
• Experience working with stakeholders/partners at all levels, globally, across the organization. Good verbal and written communication skills
• Driven and self-motivated. Multi-tasking ability essential to handle multiple priorities with minimal direction from management.
• Experience in leading a global team across different geographical locations to support global enterprise ERP systems.
• Significant hands on experience in implementing, developing, upgrading, and supporting ERP applications using Oracle eBusiness Suite (R12) or SAP Cloud Applications (Ariba, Concur). Proficiency in related technology stacks such as Java, SQL and PL/SQL, Oracle Workflow, Approval Rule engines, Ariba Object Models, Ariba Query and Markup Language (AQL/AML), Forms.
• Familiarity with SaaS, IaaS, PaaS cloud technologies.
• Expertise in system integration using enterprise application integration (EAI) tools and developing/using REST API.
• Extensive experience in managing a complex, global production environment and maintaining operational excellence. Ability to mobilize and escalate to any level necessary to get issues solved timely and effectively.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.