As a member of the End User Operations organization, the IT Asset Management is part of the team responsible for the lifecycle of user assets needed by our 22,000 + global end users. In addition, this person is in position to execute effective and efficient procurement and asset services, ensuing values and competencies in maintaining transparency, integrity, and compliance. The Asset Management Analyst derives meaningful operational metrics which align to OLA/SLA's across the function and manages continuous improvements with regards to accurate and appropriate inventory across the enterprise.
Reporting to Visa's Director of IT Asset Management, this role’s primary focus is with Software Asset Management (SAM). The basics of the role include software license procurement, planning, monitoring, recording entitlements and reporting of software license positions to ensure compliance with vendor contracts and the optimization of those assets throughout their lifecycle. It is recommended for this specific role. The candidate has technical skills including the ability test software packaging and knowledge of SQL, Powershell, Visual Basic, Oracle, etc. is a plus.
As a business office function, this role has significant impact on the day-to-day success of the overall transformational journey of Corporate IT. The Asset Management Analyst works with internal customers and peers to ensure data accuracy and lifecycle management of software assets. As needed, they support the delivery of financial and logistical acquisition of End User software. She/He/They works with peers to derive TCO improvements through operational efficiencies as well as vendor management activities. This individual will also provide technological guidance in the development of both internal and external processes and tools for software asset and license management.
Areas of experience include data analysis around effective license positioning, packaging and publishing software, identifying cost optimization and generating compliance reporting.
Manage and maintain inventory database of the software applications lifecycle
Working knowledge of reconciling software licensing and software maintenance terms and conditions between procured rights and quantities to ensure licensing compliancy of deployed software assets
Facilitate the business’ needs for ongoing technical support and upgrade protection on selected products by ensuring that maintenance, support and upgrade protection renewals are managed/handled/ordered in advance of their expiration.
Identify savings opportunities for renewals, software licensing, and services.
Develop and maintain a high level of expertise in software licensed products, license programs, and software asset policies
Monitor, maintain and enforce licensing and asset standards, policies, and procedures
Manage software intake queue on newly requested software, and work with Cybersecurity, Technology Governance and Legal on approvals assuring that the software will be safe to install
Respond to requests from end user and educate our colleagues on the software ordering process, and advise on software solutions
Ensuring timely delivery of goods, works and services using the team’s procurement procedures.
Controls and Reporting
Generate licensing and asset data reports as required
Drive efficiencies and cost-savings through software metering and monitoring
Contribute in software audits with data gathering and license position reporting
Review vendor invoices and confirm receipt and installation of software
Ensure full compliance of procurement activities, financial rules and regulations, relevant organizational directives and administrative instructions.
Ensure all activities are compliant with standard reporting requirements and audits.
Ensure effective lines of communication between stakeholders, primarily those whom are within the EUO department, but also between Finance, Procurement and other cost center owners
Manage relationships with vendors, suppliers and contractors to facilitate smooth flow of services
Advise stakeholders on license requirements and proper consumption of the assets within the organization.
Drive the development of a mature software catalogue through the use of the SAM interface
Maintain and ensure adherence to Standard Operating Procedures, control of workflows, continuous business processes monitoring and delivery of improvements as it pertains to software compliance.
Recommend continuous improvements to team, organization and business partners to drive measurable improved performance
Participate in various Asset Management projects as needed
3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology
• 2 or more year of work experience
• Knowledge of the Asset Management software lifecycle
• Experience with SAM inventory management systems
• Knowledge of procurement principles
• Experience with packaging software code in for publishing
• Knowledge of IT Asset Management and Discovery Tools principles
• Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM) or Certified IT Asset Manager
• Experienced configuring and managing IT service management tools like Flexera FMS, ServiceNow, Eracent ITMC or SNOW.
• Experienced in using IT service delivery tools such as SCCM or Big Fix in conjunction with SAM tools to automate software distribution
• Demonstrates effective use of Microsoft Office 365 Products
• Knowledge of Software Licensing Models (Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, Adobe, etc.) and stays informed of new and updated software license models and options
• Ability to execute at the detail level while maintaining a strategic alignment with the practice
• Identifying and solving process gaps
• Ability to speak up when something does not make sense and creating a plan to fix, streamline, and automate
• Strong and effective team player with demonstrated ability to communicate in a virtual and Global team environment
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong organization skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work schedules
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
• Builds strong relationships with team members and stakeholders
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
• Ability to develop collaborative and harmonious relationships at all levels of the organization
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail, interpersonal skills and the ability to interact professionally with internal and external parties
• Effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
• ITIL certification a plus
• Strong ability to work independently and manage one's time
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
DICE is on a mission to get people out more. We bring incredible live shows and