Visa is seeking a commercial, technology, and sourcing, transactions attorney to join the legal team that supports Visa’s global sourcing function. The attorney will report to the Senior Managing Counsel, Visa Legal – Strategic and Technology Sourcing.
The role will work on a variety of strategic sourcing and purchase and resale transactions with leading information technology hardware, data, telecommunications, software, SaaS/PaaS/IaaS and professional services companies around the world. In addition, the role includes responsibility for reviewing, updating, and creating templates in collaboration with stakeholders across Visa, including regulatory compliance, risk, data privacy, technology, sourcing, and intellectual property.
Applicants must be skilled at managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced and challenging, but highly rewarding, environment; be a thought leader on strategic sourcing engagements; have good judgment and strong analytical, client counseling, and negotiation skills; be self-motivated; and, most importantly, be an optimistic, curious, and collaborative team player.
Visa Is Looking For Someone Who Will (Essential Functions)
Work closely with business and technology teams, including senior management, to understand and achieve key business objectives
Draft, negotiate, and drive to completion complex commercial, technology, and strategic sourcing agreements that achieve business objectives and, where necessary, meet regulatory requirements
Provide sophisticated and creative counseling and advice to business and technology teams regarding deal structures and associated commercial and contracting considerations
Initiate and help drive process and efficiency improvements across the legal team
- 8 years of relevant experience.
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school.
- Current member in good standing of a State Bar with the ability to become barred or a registered in-house counsel in the state where this role is located.
- At least 5-10 years of legal practice, including at least 4 years supporting a sophisticated sourcing function (in-house or at law firm) in technology and services
- Admitted or licensed to practice in Texas or California.
- Able to work independently and collaborating with executive-level partners with little or no supervision
- Practical and can-do problem-solver with strong business acumen, confidence, maturity and calm under fire
- Demonstrated ability to lead and drive complex commercial and technology transactions, including internationally
- Excellent legal analytical skills with the ability to integrate legal advice and business knowledge, while providing equitable advice regarding risks and benefits
- Prior experience supporting sourcing for technology, financial services, or telecommunications companies
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.
Tech Jobs For You
Technology and Data Director - Civic Engagement and Voter Prot...
The Democratic Party, Washington, DC (DNC HQ)