Manager, Visa Crypto - Latin America and the Caribbean
Visa, Miami FL, US
Everywhere you want to be
Are you passionate about payments and cryptocurrency and driven by opportunities to scale new products and businesses? As Manager, Visa Crypto for Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) you will be part of a global team responsible for creating and growing new revenue streams for Visa through emerging crypto products, innovative partnerships, and tailored programs. Your responsibilities will include:
- Building new revenue streams for Visa while delivering tailored crypto solutions for a wide variety of Visa’s partners including banks, Fintechs, merchants, crypto wallets and exchanges, and infrastructure providers.
- Scaling emerging crypto product lines from initial proofs of concept through go-to-market execution that spans pricing, strategy, deal structuring, and client support.
- Identifying new crypto infrastructure partnerships
- Serving as a subject matter expert internally and externally, leading training for internal teams and articulating Visa’s position on crypto to our clients and partners
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who has a history of leading and scaling businesses. The Manager, Visa Crypto will drive global crypto business development activities and infrastructure partnerships with the ultimate goal of continuing to grow our leadership position in the market.
- Engage with digital currency wallets, exchanges, fintechs, and banks
- Drive revenue through existing Visa partnerships and products
- Identify new crypto partnership and product revenue opportunities
- Identify investment and M&A opportunities
- Serve as Visa’s internal and external facing expert on cryptocurrencies, permissioned, and permissionless blockchains
- Negotiate and execute comprehensive agreements with crypto companies and infrastructure partners
- Translate emerging trends in crypto into opportunities for Visa and our clients
- Influence and provide market feedback and knowledge sharing to cross-functional teams and executive leadership
• 5 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 4 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD)
• 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
• 5 years of experience in operating and business development roles across companies in fintech, payments, and financial services
• Demonstrated track record of building and managing businesses including expertise in setting go-to-market strategies and execution, pricing, managing budgets, generating and scaling revenue, and supporting clients
• Track record and expertise in structuring complex partnerships and legal agreements
• Ability to successfully build strong partnerships with cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization
• Possess significant functional knowledge of the cryptocurrency ecosystem and players involved, including in-depth knowledge around permissionless blockchain technology as well as a deep understanding of existing retail payment solutions
• Experience working with Fintechs and crypto wallets and exchanges, including specific experience partnering with crypto infrastructure providers
• Strong problem-solving skills and creativity to identify new opportunities/anticipate how crypto can impact payments ecosystem
• Expertise in explaining complex concepts and technologies to a broad audience of external and internal partners
• Advanced communication skills with the ability to influence across all levels of an organization
• Previous experience in an operating role at a startup or high growth company
• MBA or advanced degree from a top tier program
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!