Program Manager (Technical) - Sr. Consultant level | Corporate IT
Visa, Austin TX, US
Everywhere you want to be
The candidate will join the Corporate IT Program Management Office and focus on Program/Project Managing Corporate Real Estate Technology projects. Candidate will be responsible for successful project coordination and delivery of Network, Audio Visual and Real Estate Software while working with matrixed teams comprised of Facilities, Sourcing, Engineering and Finance. This is an individual contributor role.
The Corporate IT organization is in the middle of a transformation effort. This effort is intended to dramatically change the way End Users work (Hybrid Model / Future of Work), with the intent to implement design based thinking to dramatically improve end user experience. This transformation requires us to bring in resources who have both the technical and project management skills to not only understand project methodologies but to also have a deep understanding of the technology deployments they are managing.
Billing and Incentives platforms has undergone a transformation of both our systems as well as adopting an Agile mindset. We are looking for a Scrum Master who will continue our success in these areas and mentor the teams to grow their efficiency to deliver.
- Manage multiple large technical projects, independently own and manage multiple change requests, new initiatives, etc.
- Mindset to read and understand detail business and technical requirements.
- Identify key stakeholders and work to achieve project objectives.
- Work with Business stakeholders on Annual Planning exercises and create Business Cases for funding.
- Create detail project schedule, Gantt chart, critical path, etc.
- Manage project status report, issues, action items, risks, change log, internal and external dependencies, etc.
- Follow up on issues and action items towards resolution.
- Regularly monitor and report on project progress.
- Facilitate project status meetings, requirements and design discussions, and defect status reviews.
- Experienced executive communicator. Comfortable messaging to executives (VPs and CIO).
- Coordinate project estimating process, manage project budget, forecast, planned vs. actual.
- Work with vendors to develop, review and execute contracts.
- Develop innovative methods to effectively manage project constraints.
- Own, structure manage project deliverables (Schedules, issues, risks, financials) on SharePoint / MS Teams.
- Work with project team to enforce Visa compliance requirements.
• 8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 5 years of
experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience
with a PhD
• 9 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 7 or more relevant years of
experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 or more years of experience
with a PhD
• IT and/or a technical project management background (education/work experience).
• Experience in office relocations, expansions and office technology retrofit.
• ~10 years of project management experience required.
• Experience with Network (LAN, WAN), Audio Visual technologies, and Real Estate Software
• Proven experience in managing people, processes and projects in a heavily matrixed organization
structure is required.
• Led projects with vendors/contractors to implement solutions.
• Demonstrated experience leading technical and real estate teams in the delivery of large scale
software or infrastructure deployments, operational and integration efforts.
• Process oriented with a solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies
and best practices.
• Understanding of client contract management and project financials.
• Led change management and employee lifecycle experience exercises.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.