Business Analyst, Product Operations
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
What a Business Analyst in Cybersource does at Visa:
The Business Analyst is a key member of the Product Operations team, responsible for one of largest most critical clients. This role will offer exciting opportunities to work with global and cross-functional teams, helping to drive decision-making and process/tools improvements through the use of data, metrics and business analysis. This individual will have opportunities to work on high-profile work with exposure to teams and leaders of all levels across the organization.
In this role, you are expected to:
- Develop and manage Tableau dashboards and metrics
- Develop client-specific presentations which address executive needs and ability deliver presentation to internal and external partners when needed.
- Leverage metrics, data analysis, and financial models to measure performance, deliver meaningful business insights, and identify improvement opportunities and operational efficiencies
- Complete detailed analysis on client data and identify preliminary trends and themes in the data
- Partner with cross-functional teams to optimize processes and tools, by identifying gaps, coming up with creative ideas, and successfully implementing solutions
- Manage projects and programs, including facilitating discussions, developing/managing project plans and timelines, tracking actions and milestones, and communicating updates to stakeholders
- Develop and manage content to support client, including process mapping, documentation, and monthly/quarterly reporting
- Support senior leaders on development of materials for executive readouts and business reviews
- Be an expert in data analysis but also be able to think strategically and see the big picture
Why this is important to Visa
Business analysis is a critical function within the organization. This individual will be the subject matter expert of data and be an advocate for using data analysis and metrics to influence business decisions. You will be a key partner to support teams across the organization, helping to facilitate and support projects big and small. Your work will impact how Visa delivers exceptional support and solutions to clients.
- 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
We are looking to hire candidates who have experience working with data (analysis, modelling and reporting) and dashboards. As a candidate you should have:
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Intermediate to senior excel skills- ability to create formulas and macros if needed.
- Bachelor's Degree, ideally in business, engineering, economics, hard sciences, or similar field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), with proven ability to work with and influence at all levels within an organization.
- Outstanding analytical skills, with the ability to interpret large data sets and articulate findings to different audiences in a thoughtful, succinct, and compelling manner.
- Extensive knowledge of dashboards and reporting tools, particularly Tableau, with the ability to create ad hoc reports, write custom queries, and design frontend visuals.
- Strong project management and organization skills.
- Self-starter and motivated individual with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while effectively prioritizing to meet deadlines and deliver successful results.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and ad hoc assignments.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.