We are looking for a passionate, authentic, and dynamic individual to join our global partner program team. This is a new position to CyberSource who will be a key contributor to design, build and execute a world-class partner program by working with regional business owners, marketing, sales leads, product, legal, customer support and our solutions teams. The main emphasis of this position is to create one consistent global partner program to attract new partners, grow existing partners, and scale self-managed partnerships. It is critical that the partner program is clear, simple, and easy to partner with CyberSource by aligning tools, levels, benefits, commercial terms and resources available to partners based on partnership type.
The role and subsequent program will primarily focus on growing existing CyberSource and Authorize.Net partnerships with Acquirers, Regional Banks, ISOs, PayFacs, ISV’s, Technology and Solution Providers. This role will be charged with managing a global program leading a small team of talented account or program managers while interfacing with thousands of existing and potential new partners including some of the top Strategic Partners across the Globe.
- Individual contributor role helping to create and align overall global partner program across regions, functions, and channels
- Overlay revenue responsibility for Global Acquirers, Resellers, ISO’s and Tech Partners with emphasis on renewals and growth through clear commercial constructs for these partners
- Assist in driving sales enablement and revenue growth through the partner program by adding net new partnerships and growing existing partnerships
- Focus on developing and continually updateing sales rules of engagement across internal sales channels, regions, and acquiring and technology partners
- Supports and enables other functions by delivering and maintaining overall partner program structure
- Quota carrying role split with global revenue targets and MBO’s
- Assist in building and maintaining partner tier classifications for the program. Outlining benefits, requirements, and commercial structure for each classification
- Direct focus on partner commercial structures, operational structure, partner segment ROIs, across both financial and technology partners
- Establish and continue to be creative in coming up with interesting partner incentives and benefits to increase partnership revenue
- Present and coordinate with regional business leaders, channel sales leaders, and functional leaders
- Take part in and support team account planning, forecasting, expense management and sales process
- Represent and present partner program to large groups both internally and externally
- Work closely with marketing and digital marketing team to carryout and deliver partner program across company website, partner portal, and other client facing resources
- Master, enable and implement the IDDEA sales methodology including value based selling and various proven sales best practices across partner channels
- Be a vocal champion for partners across multiple internal functions to build business cases where applicable to close deals, and or help drive the roadmap priorities
Qualities of a Successful Candidate
- High energy level, performance oriented and passionate about acquirers, financial institution partners, solution partners, and technology partners in the digital commerce space
- Curious nature including having a willingness to proactively look for ways to drive value to partners, net new business, and provide competitive incentives and benefits to partners
- Strong understanding of the payments industry including experience working with either Acquirers and/or technology partners and ISVs
- Strong candidate will posses program management skills with experience in data analytics, creative thinking, strategic thinking, and problem solving
- Extremely organized with the ability to cleary create and track goals
- Proven experience in successfully using analytical skills to drive business outcomes
- Ability to develop strong working relationships across functions including technology, product, marketing, finance, and sales functions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to simplify and communicate complex technical issues to non-technical executives, sales teams and other stakeholders
Key Leadership Competencies
- Strong communication skills
- Proven powerpoint, excel, and word experience
- Act decisively and independently when needed to solve issues focused on business outcomes
- Ability to coordinate and liase with a global partner team with direct reports and dotted line reporting professionals
- The ability to be viewed as a strong trusted business partner representing the voice of the client/partner
- Team player and coachable
- Collaborate across functional areas, global regions, and key leaders
• 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
• 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
• 5+ years working in a merchant and acquiring sales environment, or similar professional experience
• Specific, current knowledge of merchant / acquirer processing, payment gateways, APIs, partner programs and authorization/settlement flows
• Deep understanding of indirect sales channels and the go-to-market mechanics that drive success
• Strong knowledge of the ecommerce payment process and various value added service products
• Strong business presence including, presentation, coordination, and leadership potential
• Experience working within large teams and matrixed organizations
• Ability to lead by example and embody the Visa Leadership Principles including: act decisively, collaborating, communicating openly, leading by example, and exceling with partners
• Results driven and flexible
• Ability to energize and achieve revenue goals
• “Client-first” mindset, with significant experience interacting with senior teams within client organizations
• Presentation/speaking experience
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!