Senior Software Engineer - Backend
Visa, Austin TX, US
Everywhere you want to be
Merchant And Acquirer Processing (MAP) is focused on executing the visa merchant strategy, building deeper merchant and acquirer relationships and increasing total merchant value by developing solutions that address complex and emerging merchant and acquirer needs.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of MAP’s Enterprise Payments & Platform team to help design, enhance and build our transactional platform in an agile development environment. You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. You will play part of multiple teams tasked with multiple projects ranging from building full stack development of real-time transactional services, REST services API, Container based services to highly functional, secure, scalable and resilient real time and batching systems. You will work on unit testing, code reviews and regular check-ins to continuous integration that will become part of your DNA. You will see the code written and moved to production within just a few days, to then be used by a huge customer base including Facebook, Nike, FedEx, Apple, State Farm, to name a few.
If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment and see if this will be a good fit for both of us.
Essential Functions – Our engineers do more than just write code:
- You’ll help our customers achieve their real goals by understanding their requirements and how they respond to their business needs
- You’ll use technologies that include Java, REST, NoSQL, Docker and more
- You will analyze business requirements and architect a solution that is robust and scalable along with providing technical documentation of solution
- You’ll leverage on new technologies to build the next generation of Payment Services
- You’ll develop and deliver new features every few days
- You have the work and academic experience that will demonstrate proficiency and ease with programming languages, mobile technologies, quality assurance, scripting languages and operating systems
- Your DNA would include following and creating software best practices and processes.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and above all, you are team players!
2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) in computer science or similar field
- You have expertise of Core Java, JEE technologies, REST and container based technologies.
- You have experience architecting solutions with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery in mind
- We count on your curiosity and creativity, to want to understand customer requirements and our processes and want to come up with creative solutions
- While you’ll have the skill to see and understand the big picture, you’re able to stay focused on the task at hand to achieve immediate goals
- You’re great at systematic and accurate research wanting to uncover the smallest detail
- You have amazing work ethics that will help us all work extremely well together
- You have the passion to understanding people and to always striving to improve our products and services!
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.