Visa has a great toolbox of leading technologies including CyberSource and Authorize.Net. Together, we are building leading edge full-service Payment Management solutions combining global payment processing, fraud management and payment security systems.
We are looking for talented, curious, proactive, energetic, and passionate individuals who embrace challenges and are a proven problem solver. As a Visa software engineer, you will be an integral part of a cross-functional development team inventing, designing, building, and testing software assets. You will collaborate with product owners, architects, test engineers, dev-ops, operations, and other team members from the product ideation stage to production deployment and support of highly functional, secure, scalable, and robust software solutions.
- Primary responsibility is to write optimized, secure, functional and scalable code, and performance tune your results
- Produce unit level test cases in accordance with domain standards using provided tools
- Provide proper estimates for work, and be able to handle end to end release process
- Along with your team, partner closely with other teams to produce an application that flows seamlessly and works intuitively with our merchants
- Participate in Hackathons and take advantage of opportunities to learn new technologies, which is key to this industry
- Sharing knowledge with others is a must, this will be achieved through presentations to the development community as well as helping others out with knowledge gained over time
- A successful individual on the team is always looking for opportunities to improve themselves and contribute to the improvement of the development processes for the organization
- Come up with creative solutions to solve problems
• 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
• 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s degree or 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
• Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Good understanding of Object Oriented Concepts, Service Oriented Architectures, Distributed Systems Design Concepts and Computer Science fundamentals
• Knowledge/experience with at least one of the object oriented languages (C#, C++, etc.)
• Knowledge/experience in one of the server-side web application framework and languages (i.e. C#/.Net MVC or .NET Web API, ASP.NET)
• Knowledge/experience building responsive Single Page Applications that consume REST services
• Driven and self-motivated. Work creatively to solve challenging problems
• Willingness to work with different technologies
• Familiarity with browser(s) architecture, rendering process, sandbox architecture
• Understanding of UX and the design techniques and principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes, and HTML Prototypes
• Familiarity with Github
Flex Work Arrangement: This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both home and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office three days a week, Monday (Sunday in some countries where Sunday is the start of the week) and Wednesdays. Wednesdays are designated as in-office collaboration days. The third day in the office will be decided based on team needs and determined in partnership with senior leadership.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Tech Jobs For You
Senior Software Engineer, Tools & Infrastructure
Handshake, San Francisco, CA or Austin, TX or Chicago, IL or Denver,...