Senior Software Engineer Fullstack (Java, REST. Angular)
Visa, Austin TX, US
Everywhere you want to be
We are looking for talented, curious, proactive, energetic, and passionate individuals who embraces challenges and is a proven problem solver. As a Visa Sr. Software Engineer, you will be an integral part of a cross-functional development team inventing, designing, building, and testing software assets. You will collaborate with product owners, architects, test engineers, dev-ops, operations, and other team members from the product ideation stage to production deployment and support of highly functional, secure, scalable, and robust software solutions.
- Full-stack development contributes to the design of backend databases and queries, API creations and consumptions, and contributes to frontend UI development.
- Works independently with minimal insight to develop software that conforms to Visa’s high standards of security, quality, performance, resiliency, and compliance.
- Creates design artifacts and works with senior members of the team to review and adjust.
- Supports test engineers and operation teams in troubleshooting, defect research, issue root cause analysis, and other related activities.
- Participates in all Agile Scrum Ceremonies and white boarding sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Experience with JAVA programming
- Experience building and consuming REST APIs
- Experience with Spring Technologies
- Experience diagraming solutions (flow, block, logical)
- Experience working within a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Knowledgeable about Database technologies like Oracle and NoSQL solutions
- Knowledgeable about network architecture, VIPS, and Firewalls
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Strong experience in Java programming
- Expert in building and consuming REST APIs
- Experience in diagramming software like Visio
- Experience working with the Agile Scrum Development methodology
- Experience architecting solutions that is secure, resilient, and scalable
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.