If you think you could support Visa as a Staff Software Engineer - Austin, we want to hear from you together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- You will be part of Visa’s Digital Development Platform (DDP) global team which focuses on building end to end solution for digitization and mobilization of commerce for global market. We are looking for a technically expert Staff Software Engineer for our Client Integration Solution team based out our Austin office to assure client success in using our products such as Visa Token Service, Visa Direct, Visa Digital Commerce App, and Visa Development Platform.
- This role requires quick troubleshooting and problem solving skills, logical thinking, and application of programming techniques to design, build, and maintain solution for clients. Deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals, mobile & web technologies, multi-tiered architecture and experience in tools development. In addition to the technical skill set and passion for learning new technology, the candidate will be a self-starter, results-driven, and equipped with excellent verbal and written communication skills to interface with external teams & stakeholders. Successful candidate will have a flair for out-of-box thinking and be passionate about mentoring and coaching junior software engineers.
The Staff Software Engineer is a senior level technical role, and therefore the successful candidate will be able to work independently on multiple tasks, working very closely with the engineering leads, product manager, and client support teams.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
What we're after...
• 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
• 7+ yrs of hands on software product development experience with ability to come up with solution and implement it independently.
• Expert level skills in developing multi-tier application based on Java, C#, or C++
• In-depth knowledge of web (TCP/IP, HTTP, HTML, REST, SOAP, XML/JSON) and/or mobile technologies (Android/iOS)
• Experience building & testing enterprise scale web services (RESTful) and security practices
• Experience building tools, native mobile apps or SDK
• Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, and root-cause analysis
• A go-getter who is not overwhelmed by new technology, tight timelines, or parallel projects
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment and flexible to work with distributed global teams and willing to support clients globally
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills, and proven ability to influence and communicate effectively
• Strong practitioner of Visa's Leadership principles
• 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
• Experience in payments tech / banking system software
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you we'd love to hear from you!
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Tech Jobs For You
Salesforce Commerce Cloud Developer*
Dept, Remote from Germany, UK, Ireland, Netherlands, Croatia or...