Senior DevOps Engineer – Sr. Consultant Level
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
Visa Value Added Service (VAD) team is looking for a dynamic individual to join our team at a senior/lead level ( DevOps engineer - Tools and Automation ). As part of the DevOps team, you will be working on the next generation tools development for frequent, independent, on-demand releases from code commit to production. The DevOps team maintains the tools and owns related processes to ensure high-quality delivery standards.
You will establish working relationships with one or more teams, providing assistance through the development cycle for any required changes to the tools & processes required to get a product released into test and production environments.
- Design, enhance and manage tools for continuous build, automated testing, and release management
- Design and implement a scalable and efficient release process adopting best practices
- Build and maintain tools needed for automated deployment in various certification environments
- Work with the team to troubleshoot operational issues and develop tools for automation of the same
- Creating and maintaining documentation of the build/release process
• 8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
• Experience with Containerization ( Kubernetes and Docker )
• Advanced knowledge with one or more CD ( Continuous Deployment ) tools (ex: Jenkins)
• 6+ years’ experience in Software engineering, tools engineering and/or configuration management
• 9 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 or more years of experience with a PhD
• 6+ years’ experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
• GIT experience highly desired and experience in SCM ( Source Control Management ) tools
• Extensive experience in Unix/Linux administration and Bash Scripting
• Experience with Configuration Management automation tools like Chef & Ansible ( preferred )
• Experience in automating release and build processes
• Advanced knowledge in Maven and the ability to troubleshoot Maven related issues for Java based projects
• Experience with Java web environments (JBoss / Tomcat) with sound knowledge of Webservers, Application Servers, Client-Server Architectures
• Experience with monitoring tools like Prometheus, Nagios and Splunk or any other monitoring tools/process
• Experience with Repository Management systems like Artifactory, Nexus
• Exposure to MEAN Stack ( MongoDB, ExpressJS, Angular & NodeJS )
• Complete understanding of the software development life-cycle and agile software development methodologies
• Experience in administration of Atlassian tools like Wiki, Jira, etc. is an added advantage
Flex Work Arrangement: This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.