Director, BNPL Experience & Commercial Enablement
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
Are you an experienced and entrepreneurial B2B2C-minded product leader who is excited about scaling the next generation of payments products and services?
As Director BNPL Experience & Commercial Enablement, you will be responsible for developing and driving the joint Product, Marketing and Design OKRs focused on the success of the Visa Buy Now, Pay Later (BNPL), e.g., Installments portfolio of products. You will develop commercial/sales enablement strategy and execution to accelerate enterprise sales and end-consumer use of Visa’s suite of BNPL products. As a deep product expert, you will collaborate with other product managers and leaders within the BNPL Product team, Marketing, Design, and Market Leads in prioritized markets around the world to define what needs to be accomplished and bring your plans to life. Your efforts will drive increased B2B partners across the Visa ecosystem (Issuers, Acquirers, Payment Facilitators, Technology Providers, and Merchants) and increased BNPL payment volume on the Visa network.
- Product Positioning of the BNPL portfolio – define key value propositions of BNPL Product Portfolio for key stakeholders, lead product and solution packaging decisions, develop and manage BNPL products core messaging across multiple geographies in partnership with Marketing
- Commercial Enablement of the BNPL portfolio - develop B2B and B2B2C sales enablement plans and execute such plans in partnership with Marketing, Regional Teams and Communications
- Together with sales teams, regional teams and marketing, evaluate and execute on client co-marketing opportunities/programs
- Define, optimize BNPL portfolio global consumer experience including best practices, experience related product features, client experience implementations/advisory, assets, demos, regulatory compliance
- Together with marketing and branding, make key product branding decisions including B2B and B2C branding elements as appropriate
- Benchmark and drive improvements in key product metrics such as consumer uptake and conversion
- Benchmark and optimize B2B client experience through all stages of sales, implementation and usage lifecycle of Visa BNPL/Installments solutions
- Develop deep understanding of the product portfolio, their features, the market landscape and client needs globally
- Build and execute GTM playbooks across sales enablement, B2B Marketing, B2C Marketing and communications for Visa’s suite of BNPL products
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
• 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
• Experience developing and enhancing experiences for successful consumer and B2B products
• Demonstrated success building and executing global GTM plans for global technology or payments businesses
• A strong interest, curiosity and passion for payments / fintech
• A strong track record of being both strategy and execution-oriented
• Highly effective project management skills and proven track-record of managing cross-functional projects
• Ability to thrive in a highly matrixed organization and influence priorities to deliver impact
• Proactive self-starter and problem-solver– doesn’t wait for direction
• Passionate about building and scaling a high-growth product
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.