Senior Storage Administrator
Visa, Highlands Ranch CO, US
Everywhere you want to be
This Systems Administrator position is within the Storage Infrastructure Reliability Engineering Team and falls under Global Systems Support. This position will support, certify, and document storage and backup infrastructure, as well as serve as a Level 2 escalation point for existing infrastructure. This position expected to interact with Systems, Database, Engineering, Asset Management, Product Development, Operations, Audit and Risk, and various groups within Technology. This role must have strong communication and analytical skills.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the ongoing maintenance, security, and availability of Storage and SAN infrastructure based on business requirements and adhering to tight operations, security, and procedural models
Responsible for complex provisioning, advanced maintenance, data replication, disaster recovery, data migration and documentation for our Open Systems Storage and Backup environments
Demonstrate a high level of technical expertise to support complex Storage & Backup devices, including SAN, NAS and Backup solutions across all tiers, under minimal supervision
Operate in complex, highly-secure, highly-available, operations-centric datacenter environments and interact with other technology domain experts as required, to build and maintain the Open Systems Storage and Backups solutions in those datacenter environments
This position requires a candidate with strong hands on technical Administrator professional with business acumen
Responsible for mentoring junior team members, developing ITIL procedures and best practices standards
Work with other Disciplines to develop Infrastructure Building Blocks based Reference Architectures and standards that can be offered as services to our customers
This position requires a dynamic, hard-working and ambitious individual, with excellent oral and written communication skills
Candidates will possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills and have experience working in large enterprise operational environments
Assist in change management processes
Improve the efficiency and help standardize current processes
Respond to and resolve incident and problem tickets
Document and thoroughly understand the application architecture, system configuration across platforms and interface with various systems and use this knowledge effectively to resolve issues
Work closely with customer support team to communicate the root cause of the outage, duration and recommendations or steps to resolve issues
Participate in Service Improvement Meetings after an application outage
Respond to general inquiries
Document the incident in the tracking tool
Vendor contact for routine, documented incidents as well as operational problems
Provide assistance as required in analyzing the trends and suggesting long-term and short-term improvements
Resolve incidents and problems in accordance within defined guidelines and meet operational level agreements
Implement change requests and meet project deliverables within defined guidelines
Achieve and understand Service Level commitments for all open systems platform
Position will require shift based work hours. Including, but not limited to, weekend and after hour shifts
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field is preferred
• Three or more years of solid experience working in SAN/Storage/Backup Administration
• Experience working in large, complex, enterprise datacenter environments
• Experience with designing, deploying and supporting Open Systems, Enterprise SAN and NAS solutions
• Hands-on experience with EMC, HDS and IBM Enterprise and Midrange storage arrays
• Hands-on experience with Brocade and/or Cisco SAN Switches and Routers
• Hands-on experience with Isilon and/or NetApp NAS storage arrays
• Experience installing, configuring, supporting and maintaining Enterprise Backup solutions comprising disk-based VTLs
• Hands-on experience with Symantec NetBackup and/or EMC Data Domain
• Experience with UNIX (Linux, AIX, Solaris), VMware or other hypervisors, and Windows operating environments
• Experience with storage configuration, volume management and path management software tools (LVM, Native MPIO, EMC PowerPath, HDS HDLM, etc.)
• Experience with disaster recovery as it relates to storage systems and data recovery techniques, including disk replication, snapshots and disaster recovery best practices
• Ability to write technical design and build documentation for all aspects of Storage and Backup infrastructure
• Intermediate analysis and troubleshooting skills for the end-to-end storage and backup stack (VMs, hosts, SAN switches, Storage, and Recovery services).
• Experience in system monitoring tools and techniques for supporting SAN, NAS and Backups operations, alerting and remediation
• Scripting proficiency in both Windows and UNIX environments
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong inter-personal skills
• Able to multi-task in order to meet goal of low MTTR (mean time to repair)
• Strong ability to self-learn new storage technologies
• Storage and ITIL related certifications are preferred
• Strong expertise of automation technologies including scripting: Python, BASH,
• Monitoring, Tuning, Troubleshooting, and root cause analysis
• Maintains expertise across multiple infrastructure technologies – Storage, SAN Fabric, and Recovery services
• Strong organization and analysis skills
• Strong focus on quality and customer service
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize work
• Strong analytical and practical problem solving skills
COLORADO APPLICANTS ONLY: This position has a minimum base salary of 96,800 USD and a midpoint base salary of 125,800 USD. The base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition, this position is eligible for annual bonus and equity.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.