Staff Software Engineer - Visa Direct, New Payment Flows
Visa, Austin TX, US
Everywhere you want to be
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be part of our New Payment Flow team to help design, enhance and build our transactional platform in an agile development environment. You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. You will play part of multiple teams tasked with multiple projects ranging from building full stack development of real-time transactional services, REST services API, Container based services to highly functional, secure, scalable, and resilient real time and batching systems. You will work on unit testing, code reviews and regular check-ins to continuous integration that will become part of your DNA. You will see the code written and moved to production within just a few days, to then be used by a huge customer base including Facebook, Nike, FedEx, Apple, State Farm, to name a few.
If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment and see if this will be a good fit for both of us.
The role is a self-organized Staff Engineer with solid Java and web service development experience. In this position, you are first and foremost a passionate and talented developer that can work in a dynamic environment as a member of Agile Scrum teams. Your strong technical leadership, problem solving abilities, coding, testing, and debugging skills is just a start. You must be dedicated to filling product backlog and delivering production-ready code. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and prepared to do a little bit of everything.
This position is based in Austin, TX, and will report to the Director of Software Engineering.
- Engage in technical design of solution that is based on use cases and business requirements.
- Complete proof of concepts and other technical evaluations of technologies, designs and solutions.
- Engages dev leads and architects (both enterprise and domain) to ensure that overall Enterprise Architecture is inclusive of all stakeholder viewpoints and are vetted to ensure that artifacts support, reflects, advances and integrates as intended.
- Ensures inclusion of Visa's business vision, current business environment (internally and externally) and technology and industry trends to enable results that drive Visa's business.
• 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a bachelor’s degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g., Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
• Experience with web services standards and related technologies (HTTP, Spring, XML, JSON, REST, JERSEY)
• Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design patterns
• Experience programming in Java
• Experience working with a variety of Application Servers (primarily Tomcat)
• Solid understanding of database technologies, SQL and JPA
• 6 or more years of work experience with a bachelor’s degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
• Preferred Experience in payments integration and / or online ecommerce shopping and / or Payment gateways
• Proven problem-solving skills and an ability to respond resourcefully to new demands, priorities, and challenges
• Strong dedication to test automation and Test-Driven Development
• Obsessive about code quality
• Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills
• Ability to convey development concepts related to network, application, and systems - to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new initiatives
• Proven ability to work and have fun in a team environment
Flex Work Arrangement: This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both home and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office three days a week, Monday (Sunday in some countries where Sunday is the start of the week) and Wednesdays. Wednesdays are designated as in-office collaboration days. The third day in the office will be decided based on team needs and determined in partnership with senior leadership.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.