Technical Solutions works with issuers, acquirers, fintechs, processors and merchants worldwide to develop and deliver the support model for Visa Inc. This includes day-to-day operations and product servicing and customer performance reporting.
The Portfolio Solutions Support team uses expertise to build and lead a variety of support activities for Visa Inc. clients.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for providing complex implementation management and business leadership (plan, direct, coordinate and lead activities, etc.) within Visa for consumer or business credit portfolios. This role serves as a subject matter specialist and works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
- Provides business support and operational customer service needs to Clients launching consumer and/or business credit portfolios and guidance on appropriate applications.
- Collaborate with others and take responsibility to accomplish Visa and client objectives, finding solutions to complex problems; proactively identify best practices, processing efficiencies/opportunities, providing quantifiable results and system enhancement support.
- Consult with clients and provide technical expertise to structure an effective implementation and address operational opportunities.
- As a subject matter expert, acquire and maintain a deep understanding of supported products to resolve issues, identify operational opportunities, and train clients.
- Understand how decisions may affect other teams and contribute to broader success.
- Liaise with Issuers, and various Visa teams (Product, Sales, Account Management, and Operations) to bring successful completion/resolution of projects/issues and to represent the client’s interest within Visa.
- Create and maintain detailed logs of internal and external interactions within CRM.
- Problem-Solving experience across a matrixed organization.
- Able to shift priorities as needed and demonstrate a proactive willingness to help others while managing non-routine launches/migrations as well as tactical and strategic clients and Visa initiatives.
- Proactively identify opportunities and implement recommendations to increase service quality and/or efficiency.
- Assist with developing, implementing and monitoring departmental goals/ functional strategies to ensure achievement.
- Responsible for own workflow assignments and must be able to take the initiative to resolve issues and meet deadlines.
- Acquire and maintain a deep understanding of the strategies, priorities and issues related to Visa’s goals.
- Be on-call as needed
- Able to travel, if needed
- Role could expand to providing support for additional existing or new products/services requiring similar skill set.
Secondary Job Responsibilities: The candidate must have a solution mindset, collaborate easily and successfully with all levels of management in a matrix organization structure. Strong leadership and interpersonal skills are required as cross-functional activities must be completed during this process. Operates with minimal supervision and able to make informed, well-reasoned decisions independently. Thrives on an environment that is fast-paced and dynamic to influence others and set solution-based direction.
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- Extensive experience in using project management methodology is required.
- Proficiency providing consultative support to external clients and identifying business needs and operational opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent time management, organization, and planning skills are essential
- Must be a self-starter with ability to set priorities and manage customer expectations, and work both as part of a team and independently.
- Needs to be able to develop and be part of the solution, effectively prioritize and multi-task under deadlines, influence others, and manage customer expectations.
- Demonstrated expertise in using standard MS Office tools (e.g., MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, etc.).
- Excellent business ethics is required, and the successful candidate will have experience and demonstrated success in the above listed core competencies.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required.
- 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- 8-10 years of responsible experience in an implementation support role in software, financial or information services.
- Additional experience with credit card portfolios is a plus.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Tech Jobs For You
Account Manager, International Defence (Nordics)
Dataminr, København, Capital RegionDenmark, Denmark