We are a fun loving team of engineers passionate about building highly scalable, reliable, available and performance monitoring platforms at Visa. If you are a developer and looking for contributions to open source projects and have been doing so with multiple projects like Prometheus, Fluent Bit, exporters, Elastic you will be at the right place.
The Observability Telemetry & Monitoring platform team, within PaaS, builds the Observability platform that is used to monitor all of Visa’s infrastructure and applications to ensure availability of our site for our customers. Our platforms are extending to the Kubernetes ecosystem, internal cloud as well as Hybrid Cloud platforms at Visa and utilize the latest open-source technologies.
The technical leader will be responsible for:
- Provides leadership to Application development teams and ensuring the team meets all service level agreements and team objectives.
- Drive improvements around customer experiences by providing visionary leadership to the team regarding product
- Drive continuous improvements projects around change/release management to minimize customer impact due to changes. Do deep dive analysis around incidents and derive Root Cause Analysis that would result in driving incidents count down and reducing overall MTTX .
- Understand and build the product roadmap and apply the thought process to build the Observability product for future
- Establish standards for the design, architecture and scalable disaster recovery plans across multiple services.
- Provide guidance to less-experienced team members. Review and evaluate development work of the junior members to ensure we adhere to coding standards, meeting guidelines, product vision and improve overall availability of our applications.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Experience implementing scalable solutions for one or more of the following: Event Monitoring, Time Series Analytics. Ability to understand systems from all levels: from the "big picture" enterprise-level view to the low level technical view. Strong familiarity with event monitoring frameworks like Splunk/Elastic/Humio
- Experience in managing large enterprise applications with stringent SLA goal and 24x7 global delivery model.
- Significant experience with application development organization working with global teams, driving high availability.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a strong automation mindset.
- Strong Software Engineering background is required with a good understanding in multi-tier enterprise architecture.
- Strong Understanding of Infrastructure components like Systems, Virtual Machines, Database, Middleware, Storage etc.
- Experience working with a variety of Applications Servers and big data stack, containerization, dockers etc.
- Experience working with K8s, Openshift and Cloud (AWS/GCP)
- Knowledge of monitoring tools, alert escalation, customer management etc.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate the logic and implementation plan to team members & managers.
- Experience leading projects from development through implementation.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.