Senior Manager - North America Co-Brand Strategy and Performance
Visa, New York NY, US
Everywhere you want to be
The North America (NA) Co-brand & Partnerships organization’s mission is to deliver new co-brand business growth in the NA region via bringing the very best of Visa’s expertise and assets to our clients. Earning well-qualified wins to drive revenue growth while building trust and growing engagement and satisfaction among teammates, partners and clients. The team is engaged across a diverse set of internal and external partners across the co-brand ecosystem including merchants, issuers, FinTech and consultants. This co-brand growth will be recognized through deeper partnerships, program wins, and increased volume. Our team is engaged across the US and Canada in order to bring the very best of Visa’s global and local expertise to our clients.
Our team is part of the Global Cobrand and Merchant Partnership Development organization within Global Merchant Sales & Acquiring and is well positioned to collaborate with Visa’s global, regional and market teams to:
- Define Co-brand strategy within each market’s unique context
- Lead or support a consistent and proactive approach to co-brand opportunities
- Manage and curate pipeline development and the prioritization of key opportunities including
- New deals
- Competitive takeaways and conversions
- Existing client renewals
- Existing program optimization
- Develop and deliver cross-market and industry vertical tools and resources
- Lead strategic initiatives that solve for key opportunities / challenges across markets
The Senior Manager - North America Co-Brand Strategy and Performance will report to the VP, NA Co-brand Partnership Development. This role will collaborate with key local, regional and global leaders and stakeholders from functions across Visa such as merchant sales organization, issuer account leaders, finance, marketing, and communications.
Key responsibilities include:
- Redefine the strategic approach for how the NA co-brand team approaches key business development opportunities, including:
- Pitch Development
- Financial deal structuring
- Industry player engagement (Merchant, Issuer, FinTech, Consultants)
- Own the development of the NA co-brand go to market strategy
- How we interact with consultants/issuers/FinTechs
- The future of co-brand
- Manage development of key capabilities and tools to drive the NA Co-brand business forward:
- Lead refresh of the co-brand repository and operate as the center of excellence connecting the NA co-brand partnership team with best practices and gathers benchmarks from around the world for use in NA.
- Manage consultant / agency relationships to successfully deliver custom consumer research and other engagements
- Manage the organization and logistics of NA regional client events
- Own annual planning business strategy, processes for the NA Co-brand and Partnership development team, including:
- Create and manage all sales / pipeline management reporting, including executive updates, monthly / quarterly tracking and annual goal progress
- Serve as in-house Salesforce SME for Global Co-brand Partnerships team, managing coordination and alignment with global / regional business operations and sales enablement team
- Provide regular and ad hoc analytic support for business development planning and strategic initiatives
- Manage financial reporting and budget tracking
- Support strategic initiatives such as the commercialization of new go-to-market approach to accelerate Visa’s growth and drive revenue in co-brand and merchant partnerships
- Co-brand Deal Management
- Lead business development and own P&L for high priority co-brand opportunities as required across NA including renewals, net new opportunities, and takeaway engagements.
- Develop and manage own Co-brand sales pipeline including prospect prioritization, sales strategy and cross functional collaboration.
- Drive pitch and proposal development and lead external discussions and negotiations with the client to secure new business.
- Drive cross-functional discussions with the relevant stakeholders to construct Visa’s value story and lead internal alignment.
- Lead strategic initiatives that define Visa’s long-term approach and demonstrate thought leadership to our partners.
- Serve as internal and external thought leader responsible for communicating Visa's Co-brand and partnership vision, strategy and perspective within a rapidly evolving industry.
- Be the co-brand business development point of contact for key issuers and consultants across NA.
- Support broader NA co-brand team on key in flight deals
**Preference for New York Based candidate but San Francisco or Wilmington considered **
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 8 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 5 or more years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
• Consultant/Strategy experience (preferably in the payments/co-brand/issuing/merchant area)
• Self-starter who’s highly driven, self-directed and comfortable with ambiguity – “get-things-done” DNA
• Excellent problem-solver, multi-tasking and critical-thinker with the ability to identify and remove barriers and enable teams to complete their objectives
• Organized and detail oriented and proven ability to manage cross-functional initiatives with overlapping timelines and deliverables
• Strong reputation for working effectively across levels of an organization.
• Strong customer-oriented mindset to support business operations, with excellent communication skills, including oral, written, and presentation skills
• Excellent collaborator and natural team player with superb influencing and interpersonal skills.
• Payments industry experience or merchant partnerships/co-brand experience a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, excel, Powerpoint, and Dynamics (Tableau and Photoshop a plus)
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Must be available for meetings in various global time zones (mainly US time zones)
Travel Requirements: Travel as needed by the business up to 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one