Manager - Network Service & Performance Partner
Visa, New York NY, US
Everywhere you want to be
What’s it all about?
The North America Network Partner Service & Performance Management function is a crucial component of the Visa Payment Limited’s service group, tasked with monitoring, analyzing, and improving the technical and operational performance of our global network of payment settlement partners (Financial Institutions and Payment Service Providers (PSP)).
The team’s primary objective is to develop the most reliable and efficient technical/operational interfaces with our partners as possible. This will be achieved through detailed analysis of service/partner performance (SLAs, KPIs and other indicators you define), acting on feedback from clients & internal stakeholders and attaining “expert level” knowledge of the capabilities of our network partners and the underlying domestic payment schemes (ACH, RTGS etc.).
You will be assigned several Network Partners and work in close collaboration with the Partner Relationship Management team in managing those relationship. Your efforts and priorities will be aligned with the objectives of the commercial and operational teams who will be your primary stakeholders.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- You will maintain a catalogue of technical & operational capabilities pertaining to network partners (Route Rating Matrix)
- You will maintain and contribute to a framework for measuring and reporting on network partner service performance
- You will work in unison with the respective Partner Relationship Managers (accountable for our Partners commercial relationships) to ensure our reach and escalation paths into our partner’s operations remains optimal and maintain commercial/operational alignment as we develop the partnership
- You will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on your assigned network partners’ technical and operational capabilities and that of the underlying domestic schemes
- You will identify opportunities for technical, operational and process change and acting a sponsor, document the business requires and/or high-level technical requirements and feed into the relent change process/programs
- You will strive for operational efficiency and scalability, seeking the optimal % of payments settled successfully without manual intervention or query
- You will build and maintain a strong relationship with your network partner counterparts and foster a culture of mutual operational benefit, trust and growth
- You will define and enforce a framework for network partner driven change (e.g. data, regulatory) and in the most effective way possible, ensure minimal disruption to Visa Payments Limited and its clients
- You will keep abreast of forthcoming Visa Payments Limited driven system changes, releases, route changes, client launches, documentation changes and support your assigned network partners through transitions
- You will be available to your internal stakeholders as an escalation point for operational issues/incidents/improvement opportunities pertaining to your assigned network partners
- You will host regular service reviews with your assigned Network Partners
- You will manage a continuous Service Improvement Register for your assigned Network Partners and present a consolidated report to internal stakeholders each month
- You will produce and maintain a version-controlled Network Partner Engagement Document for each of your assigned Partners which will detail the scope of the service(s) they provide Visa Payment limited, contact information, agreed service levels and other relevant information
- You will promote a culture of service excellence / ‘best in class’
• 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
• 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD.
• Must have Vendor Management / Service Management experience within the financial services industry
• Must have a detailed knowledge of cross-border and/or local ACH payment principles / rules / operating practices / industry norms
• Must have excellent analytical skills and be highly proficient manipulating large data sets in excel or other business intelligence like toolsets
• Must be detail oriented with a proven ability to analyse service performance and suggest/drive forward practical and sustainable solutions that reduce operational overhead and/or enhance the client experience
• Must be a natural relationship builder and an effective communicator (written and verbal) and comfortable working with counterparts for whom English may not be their first language with differing business/service cultures
• Must be able to work cross-functionally to deliver operational improvement and comfortable managing and influencing internal/external stakeholders at all levels
• Must take a primary/lead role (as part of the Incident recovery team) in the analysis and recovery of service incidents by leveraging their detailed knowledge of their partner’s service characteristic and escalation contacts
• Must have some pervious exposure to FX (Foreign Exchange) concepts and processes
• Ideally you have previous exposure to SWIFT messaging standards and understand the core message types and usages
• Enjoy solving problems
• Adaptable and calm in the face of complexity and frequent service/operational change
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.