Senior Analyst, Data Analytics - Global Sourcing Business Planning and Operations
Visa, Atlanta GA, US
Everywhere you want to be
The Senior Analyst’s main responsibility is to support the Global Sourcing Center of Excellence in providing accurate, high-quality data and insights presented in meaningful ways to empower Visa Global Sourcing and business partners in strategic decision making. This role is responsible for gathering, extracting, manipulating, analyzing, and modelling data using analytical and statistical tools. The Senior Analyst will be responsible for managing Global Sourcing supplier spend requests as well as creating compelling visuals, charts, and other designs using Excel, SQL, SharePoint and PowerBI tools.
Acquire, transform, manipulate, and analyze Visa spend data.
Ensure data quality and maintain PowerBI dashboards utilizing multiple data sources.
Partner with suppliers to cleanse and report accurate spend across multiple categories.
Partner with cross-functional business and technical teams to deliver data insights, identify trends and opportunities, and answer business questions.
Communicate complex analysis and associated insights to broad audiences.
Apply expertise in quantitative analysis and business acumen to understand and analyze data.
Incorporate internal and external data into industry and competitive benchmarking information.
Deliver standardized, scheduled reporting in support of organizational KPI’s and objectives.
Utilize Excel to prepare advanced reporting and analysis in the support of specific initiatives.
Manage complex cross functional projects in support of Global Sourcing objectives and goals.
Support other teams’ ad-hoc data requests and inquiries as a subject matter expert.
This role can be in Austin, TX, Foster City, CA or our new Atlanta, GA offices
5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
• Working experience with industry standard data management tool, e.g., PowerBI, SQL, Python, Advanced Excel macro modeling, OBIEE etc. is preferred
• Ability to perform advanced business analytics, including advanced Excel modeling
• Superb design skills, coupled with demonstrated experience interpreting and displaying business concepts through powerful visuals
• Is a problem solver with a knack for uncovering elegant solutions
• Asks questions to get at the deeper level “why” because you prioritize relevance and meaning over the artifact or visualization itself
• Is outcome-focused and have an exceptional track record to prove it
• Ability to quickly learn new systems and tools
• Strong process and time management skills
• Highly motivated; demonstrates a "can-do" approach in being proactive with work assignments
• Ability to work under deadlines and manage multiple projects with evolving requirements
• Self-starter with strong customer service, teamwork, and organizational skills
• Work independently as well as collaboratively in cross-functional teams
• Excellent communication skills written, oral and presentation skills and an ability to synthesize information and make concise recommendations on course of action
• Demonstrated ability to effectively handle issues and challenging situations
• Ability to interface with all levels of the organization
• Ability to independently identify continuous improvements and work with manager to develop, prioritize and execute
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.