Senior Director of Engineering, B2B Connect
Visa, Atlanta GA, US
Everywhere you want to be
Visa's Commercial Payments organization is responsible for managing Visa's B2B Payment delivery and innovation agenda through strategic partnerships with critical financial institutions. This group is responsible for defining and building the Non-Card based payment innovation and product for Visa Inc. Globally. The 5 priority verticals the team is focusing on are:
1. Blockchain based Cross border payment platform
2. Near time Settlement
3. Enterprise ID stamping to create digital identity for corporates
4. Hyperledger chain-code development in Go-lang
5. Analytics and Data visualization
In addition, Global Commercial Payments team’s culture is built on the following values:
- Put Customers First.
- Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
- Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
- Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
- Get It Done. Results matter!
- Own It
- Make Each Other the Best
- Embrace each other’s Differences
This position will be based in Atlanta and report directly to the Global Technology Leader (Commercial Payments).
- Directs and manages multiple diverse team of engineering professionals performing research, development, design and/or implementation of products, services, solutions for VISA’s Global Commercial Payments portfolio. Responsible for creating and communicating technical strategy within the organization and/or across the function.
- Own & Drive the end to end development effort for on-time, high-quality, highly scalable technical solutions that meet the product vision. Responsibilities span all phases of product development including:
- Collaborating and aligning with architects and senior technologists on proper architecture and design.
- Partnering with Business teams to ensure completeness and common understanding of product vision, roadmap & requirements.
- Leading agile engineering teams to deliver end to end technical solutions that meet and exceed product expectations.
- Manage and automate engineering and operations, including post implementation support.
- Understand client experience and drive strong client focus.
- Innovate and design new technologies like Blockchain based payments, AI and Machine learning initiatives for Commercial Payments
- Build analytics that provides deep insights into engineering efficiency; developer velocity; operational and support efficiency and service quality.
- Envision and communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups
- Manages Headcount, deliverables, schedule and cost for the organizations ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that Goals, Objectives, Timelines and Budget are met in accordance with organizational metrics and business plans.
- Passionate about Commercial Products and find opportunity in product line to enhance and expand commercial business
You can learn more about our work here:
• 12-15 years leading engineering teams within a product organization, investment banking or in payments
• Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
• 15 or more years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, or MD); PhD with 9+ years of experience in Computer Science, MBA, or a related field
• Extensive experience in delivering end to end software products
• Extensive experience leading engineering teams
• Experience managing headcount, including recruiting and retention
• Experience with developing and communicating product strategy
• Experience in building analytics to measure effectiveness of engineering teams
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one