Staff Systems Engineer - Middleware Technologies (Relocation Available)
Visa, Highlands Ranch CO, US
Everywhere you want to be
For Visa to deliver on the vision of the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere, the Operations & Infrastructure (O&I) group must provide outstanding infrastructure services that are secure, scalable, continuously available, and run on software-defined infrastructures. The O&I group offers an excellent opportunity to work on the latest technologies where the industry is going through major innovations such as cloud computing. In essence, Infrastructure as Code. As a Sr. Systems Engineer in O&I, you will have an opportunity to play a key role in application life cycle. For example, building infrastructure which includes compute, storage, database and middleware, tuning environment per application need, supervising components, compliance checks and security remediation, etc.
The scope of this role extends beyond core software development; you will be the owner of the new features' design, build and implementation of sophisticated systems that process millions of transactions per day. You will think globally and ensure we continue to craft scalable systems that are built the "right way".
The Middleware Engineering & Operations provides end-to-end support services for the Web and Middle-tier platforms, which comes under PaaS (Platform as a Service). The selected candidate would work alongside other Middleware Systems engineers and technical team members, to craft, build, support, and improve internal and external facing applications built on top of various Middleware and Integration platforms.
- Capture and analyze requirements from development teams to craft, deploy and support of various enterprise middleware technologies.
- Provide technology leadership in Application Servers (Tomcat, WebSphere Application Server, WebLogic, etc.), Web Servers (Apache, IIS), messaging solution (message broker, MQ), etc.
- Architect, integrate and configure applications to fully apply the above technologies as well as Datapower, LDAP, Single Sign On and other Middleware technologies.
- Provide level 3 (engineering) production support for integration solutions in production environments
- Lead problem resolution and improvement efforts
- Drive constant interaction with developers, architects, and project managers.
- Improve Middleware and Integration operating procedures and engineering patterns.
- Provide recommendations to project planning, estimation, budget, resource, and technology planning.
- 5 or more years of significant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree from an accredited university or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- Experience with core Middleware products including Web. Server(Apache, NGINX, Envoy, IIS, etc.), Application servers(Tomcat, IBM WebSphere or Oracle WebLogic or JBoss EAP, etc.), Messaging solutions (MQ, Message Broker or Kafka, etc.), Caching(Hazelcast or Ignite or Aerospike or Infispan or Gridgain).
- Experience in JDK(oracle or OpenJDK)
- Scripting language experience(Perl or Python or Bash)
- 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of meaningful experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of validated experience with a PhD
- 5+ years of consistent track record in creation and maintenance of enterprise-grade application architecture, including SOA and messaging systems.
- Experience on container platform including Kubernetes or OpenShift.
- Experience in fixing production issues and problem solving.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Experience in Windows/UNIX/Linux skills
- Experience in .Net core (Both on windows and Linux).
- Experience in writing Docker file for various MW products.
- Experience with Fraud Management, Payment and/or Credit Card processing is a plus
- Experience in Hadoop and other Bigdata products.
- XML parsing and XML schema design experience
This position has a minimum base salary of $103,300 and a midpoint base salary of $134,300. The base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition, this position is eligible for annual bonus and equity.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price