Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
The Infrastructure Reliability Engineering – Network group is responsible for the strategy, architecture, design, support, availability, and reliability of Visa Inc.'s credit and debit commercial networks (i.e. VisaNet), the enterprise corporate network, the global wide area network, the extranet/Internet networks, and the voice network.
This role is a recognized expert within Visa responsible for contributing to the development of functional strategy. This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business.
- Provide technical coordination, oversight and leadership for staff and serve as escalation point for complex technical issues
- Plan, design, implement and provides ongoing support of network systems of high complexity in extranet, commercial and corporate environments to fulfill the business needs
- Design appropriate solutions based on environment, create detailed network designs, assess and test new and evolving technologies for performance and cost benefits
- Provide third level technical support to the Visa client institutions and to technical teams within Visa to resolve network issues and to support the implementation of new network solutions
- Build and maintain relationship with global and virtual teams and third parties on network development or support issues
- Lead development of Network Solutions, testing and QA functions to ensure that projects are securely delivered and fulfill expectations
- Provide highest level of technical consultancy to ensure problem resolution is achieved in the shortest possible timeframe
- Provide technical requirements and assistance for investigation and analysis of security alerts
- Develop processes and procedures for use by the Network team and third parties in the management of network environments
- Develop and position solutions and create a roadmap to effectively gain buy-in from all stakeholders
- Mentor junior team members, develop departmental procedures and best practices standards
- Provide recommendations to management team to increase effectiveness of organization and technology solutions
- Write technical design and build documentations for all aspects of a technical infrastructure
• 5 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree
• 5 years related experience in infrastructure/network environments and designing, planning, documenting and implementing LANs and WANs using latest technology
• 2+ years of experience with cloud service provider eco-system e.g. GCP/AWS and Azure
• 2+ years scripting or automation experience with python/ansible
• Understanding of TCP/IP network protocols, including common application protocols
• 6-7 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or
• 5-6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or
• 4 years of experience with a PhD.
• Experience administering enterprise IP networks in mission-critical, 24x7 load-balanced, n-tier application production environments
• Experience leading complex global projects from development through implementation
• Expert knowledge of Cisco networking equipment and software - Cisco CCIE, CCNA or CCNP Routing and Switching certification
• ITIL certification
• Advanced process orientation and exhibited planning, organizational and problem solving skills
• Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support strategic organizational plans
• Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.