Sr. Software Engineer | Data Solutions (Remote/Hybrid)
Visa, Austin TX, US
Everywhere you want to be
Visa is seeking a Sr. SW Engineer focusing on Web development within the Commercial Product Development team, which is a part of Visa's Data Product Development organization and is responsible for designing, developing and managing 20+ Information products and services for Visa's Commercial line of products. Our range of products include data processing platforms, BI reporting and data mining solutions, B2B payments platform. You will work on customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, highly-available RESTful services, and back-end systems using the hottest technologies in Big Data.
This position reports to Director, Visa IntelliLink Platform and will be based in Austin, TX. The successful candidate will be a developer focused on application development of critical information based applications.
- Work with product owners to understand the desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or other related technology discipline.
- Strong with Object Oriented Design and Development using C# or Java
- Good knowledge and experience of database fundamentals, RDBMS data modeling, programming and performance tuning with MS SQL and/or equivalent database
- Sound grasp of Restful design principles and working experience with REST/JSON interfaces
- Good understanding of usability and user-interface design principles
- Experience in TDD and Continuous Integration using Azure DevOps, Jenkins, SonarQube etc
- Experience in APM/SIEM tools such as Splunk and Prometheus is a plus
- Knowledge of secure coding practices and framework is a plus
- Experience in supporting large enterprise applications is a plus
- Experience in Agile methodologies such as Scrum.
- Always have an aptitude to learn new technologies and take on challenges.
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price
Tech Jobs For You
Backend Engineer II, Data Infrastructure
Khan Academy, Mountain View, CA / Remote friendly (US + Canada Only)