Located in the Austin-based Shared Service Center, the Senior Systems Analyst works within the Foster City and India based Corporate and HR Systems team, and participates in the management of various SaaS and hosted applications, including diagnosing, troubleshooting, and initiating corrective actions. Develop solutions to system technical issues and systems process issues. Adhere to defined software development lifecycle processes, including policy compliance, documentation, solution design, configuration management, testing, and approvals. Ensure adherence to customer service level agreements for the Human Resources, Global Risk and Compliance, Sourcing, Legal and Learning Management Systems. Collaborate with business and information technology ( IT ) stakeholders in problem definition, business case development, solution selection, requirement elaboration, design, development, testing, and deployment. Develop enhancements, integrations, transport protocols, batch scripts, and modifications, including unit and integration testing plans and testing scripts ensuring quality of technical deliverables, and collaborating with the global Quality Assurance team to define quality assurance test scope and approach. Collaborate with technical and security architects to evaluate risk and recommend remediation. Coordinate penetration testing activities using internal and external service providers. Provide root cause analysis for any systems or process issues, ensuring remediation plans are devised, discussed and agreed on, and results are in permanent resolution of issues. Clearly explain a relevant technical solution to business partners or staff, including how it is deployed, how it is used by the company, where it fits in the overall IT architecture and systems strategy.
- Participate in the management of various SaaS and hosted applications, including diagnosing, troubleshooting, and initiating corrective actions develop solutions to system technical issues and systems process issues.
- Understand and adhere to defined Visa SDLC processes, including policy compliance, documentation, solution design, configuration management, testing and approvals.
- Understand and ensure adherence to customer service level agreements for Human Resources, Global Risk and Compliance, Sourcing, Legal and Learning Management Systems.
- Collaborate with business and IT stakeholders in problem definition, business case development, solution selection, requirement elaboration, design, development, testing and deployment.
- Responsible for the development of enhancements, integrations, transport protocols, batch scripts, and modifications includes unit and integration testing plans and testing scripts.
- Responsible for quality of technical deliverables collaborate with Global Quality Assurance to define QA test scope and approach.
- Collaborate with technical and security architects to evaluate risk and recommend remediation coordinate penetration testing activities using internal and external service providers.
- Provide, or require responsible parties to provide, root cause analysis for any systems or process issue ensure remediation plans are devised, discussed and agreed on, and result in permanent resolution of issues.
- Clearly explain a relevant IT solution to business partners or interested Visa staff, including how it is deployed, how it is used by Visa, where it fits in the overall IT architecture, and where it fits in the IT systems strategy.
- Liaise with internal business and IT groups in performing support activities, system configuration and enhancement requests.
- Interface with external software vendors for product issue troubleshooting and resolution initiating Service Requests (SR s) as necessary with other 3rd Party Vendors.
- Adhere to defined support policies, procedures, and service levels with an understanding of SOX related IT controls.
- Provide support to strategic initiatives as assigned including, but not limited to system configuration, testing of applications and process enhancements, upgrades and new solutions, ensuring sound knowledge transfer to assume post-implementation support role.
- Expected to critically evaluate customer service requests and incidents to prioritize own workload, determine potential global and/or cross-modular impacts, determine temporary procedural work-around where feasible, and communicate to the broader group of impacted parties.
- Conduct one-on-one user training or formalized, pre-developed larger group training sessions as assigned.
- Proactively identify, evaluate, and communicate ideas for process improvements and training needs both for applications usage by customers as well as for internal processes and skills enhancement.
- Work with L3 teams (SME) on the critical requests and resolve it to closure.
- Mentoring the junior team members.
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5 to 8 years progressively responsible experience in application administration, development and support.
- Requires a minimum of 5 or more years progressively responsible experience with SaaS and externally hosted HR solution management
- Experience with HCM Applications.
- Experience with Recruiting and Learning Applications.
- Experience with GRC, Legal and Sourcing Applications.
- Experience in Database technologies and data analytics.
- Expert level SQL skills for data manipulation and validation (SQL Server, DB2, Oracle) a plus
- Experience working in a multinational environment very strongly preferred
- Experience working effectively with business and IT staff in multiple locations
- Knowledge of functional business processes surrounding the applications with prior experience in support or implementation.
- Excellent problem identification, analysis and solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to absorb, analyze, and understand new information, technologies and practices quickly
- Exceptional communication and customer facing skills, able to interact effectively with diverse groups of global stakeholders, both technical and business users
- Active listener, customer focused, relationship builder, team player
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
The best bed for better sleep