Visa is seeking a product lawyer who is savvy in business and commercial law to join its growing legal team that supports Visa’s Global Product, Technology and Business Solutions organizations. The position will report to a Vice President, Visa Legal - Global Products & Operations.
The role includes responsibility for supporting Visa’s core products and infrastructure business, as well as a variety of new and value added products, services, and operational functions, either as the lead attorney or as part of a small team of experienced counsel. Products and services include Visa’s core product suite (credit, debit, prepaid, commercial), data products, new payments flows, network processing, mobile, digital, fraud, identity, and loyalty and offers. The attorney will work closely with other experienced lawyers and compliance professionals, and regularly engage with business clients.
Applicants must be skilled at managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced and challenging, but highly rewarding, environment, have good judgment and strong analytical, client counseling, and negotiation skills, be self-motivated, and, most importantly, be an optimistic, curious, and collaborative team player.
- Work closely with business and technology teams to understand and achieve key business objectives and help them develop compelling product and service offerings
- Draft, negotiate, and drive to completion complex commercial agreements that achieve business objectives, and continue to support those business relationships once consummated
- Provide sophisticated and creative counseling and advice to business and technology teams regarding product development, deployment, and associated commercial and contracting considerations
- Work closely with Visa’s regional and local legal and business teams globally, and assist these teams in resolving regional and local issues, including to achieve consistency on approaches and issues by Visa worldwide
- Collect and translate legal advice from around the world in a straight-forward and intelligible manner for business teams and other non-legal personnel.
Flex Work Arrangement - Hybrid Position - This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
• At least 5 years of post-JD work experience (or the international equivalent)
• 9 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 or more years of experience with a PhD
• Strong academic credentials, including a J.D. degree (or international equivalent), admitted to practice law in the United States
• Work experience at major law firm or equivalent in-house experience
• Must be able to work independently and collaboratively as needed, and engage directly with business clients at all levels
• Must have transactional experience with financial services or technology agreement experience preferred
• Must be a practical and creative problem-solver with strong business acumen and work ethic
• Must be able to manage and drive the legal and regulatory aspects of complex business initiatives, both in the U.S. and internationally
• Strong preference for prior experience in contract negotiation and drafting, payments, financial services, or technology industries.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.