Technical Program Manager (Director-Level)
Visa, Austin TX, US
Everywhere you want to be
This successful candidate will join the Corporate Information Technology Project Management Office (PMO) executing projects in the Client Systems space. Our team consists of highly visible leaders who direct complex customer-facing and enterprise-class software programs and projects.
This role will act as the Program Manager and the Project Manager with projects under the assigned program.
As a Program Manager:
- You will own one large or two medium sized complex programs, working with cross-functional teams across business, technology, finance, sourcing and portfolio management.
- You will partner with business, architecture, engineering and quality assurance teams to understand key delivery dependencies
- You will partner with business and technology leads in governance committees to define delivery governance across multiple scrum teams, while considering dependencies of other applications to support the product health and roadmap.
- You will drive technical discussions, communicate complex issues and collaborate with technical and business stakeholders to achieve the program and project objectives/success criteria.
- You will take ownership and accountability for your decisions, processes, and team involved in your program and project work
- You exhibit a passion for continuous improvement opportunities and will promote positive change in the organization.
- You will participate in trainings, meetings, and events to continually grow your career as a Technical Program Manager and within Visa Inc.
As a Project Manager:
- You will lead software development projects of various size and complexity with overlapping/competing timelines from initiation to release leveraging Agile or hybrid framework.
- You will collaborate with technology teams across Visa Inc. to secure resource and project commitments to ensure that projects meet objectives and timelines.
- You will create and manage project plans, conduct reviews, remove impediments and manage change controls.
- You will manage project financials, including alignment to budget, forecast, and actuals.
- You will manage and escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes that impede project delivery.
- You will ensure projects comply with Visa's Project Management Methodology, compliance and controls and maintain quality project artifacts.
- You will partner with one or more Scrum Masters to ensure scrum teams are aligned to the overall program scope, schedule and budget.
- You will schedule and chair effective meetings with appropriate attendees, agendas, timely minutes, and follow-up.
- You will establish a baseline communication plan and deliver timely communications that are appropriately tailored to audiences.
- You will achieve project goals by collaborating with stakeholders at all management levels across Visa, including architects and strategists, technical IT subject matter experts, business partners, vendors, and Visa senior management.
- You will demonstrate skills in conflict management and negotiation to achieve project goals and to develop trust with stakeholders.
- You will embrace teamwork while promoting a culture of openness and flexibility.
- Ten or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least eight years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD), or a minimum of three years of work experience with a PhD
- Twelve or more years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, 8 - 10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, or MD), PhD with 6+ years of experience.
- Experience in managing the implement of large-scale CRM initiatives. CRM Microsoft Dynamics implementation is preferred.
- Solid understanding of Scrum events.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. In particular, a demonstrated ability to communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally.
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal & relationship-building skills.
- Ability to delegate tasks and ensure successful task completion and influence without direct authority to achieve necessary goals.
- Strong leadership qualities, organizational skills and the ability to adapt quickly to effectively manage issues and complex situations.
- Ability to work independently, yet seamlessly integrate activities with other teams when needed.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Concentration in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project) as well as project management, reporting, and Agile tools including Tableau, JIRA, Rally, MS Project, Clarity PPM, SharePoint, and Confluence.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.