Director, Payment Products Development Communications (Onsite/Hybrid)
Visa, Austin TX, US
Everywhere you want to be
Come be a key part of a high-performing and motivated team in the vanguard of documenting Visa products and services, including Visa digital, mobile payments, e-commerce, money transfer, APIs, and much more for Financial Institutions, partners, vendors, and Visa staff around the world.
As part of the Payment Products Development Communications (PPDC) team, you’ll work closely with other team members to develop technical articles for the Global Technical Letter and Implementation Guide (GTLIG) and Global Service Activation Guide (GSAG). These articles document enhancements to various Visa products and services as well as changes to existing core systems being made in the VisaNet Business Enhancements Release.
Our writers collaborate with systems architects, software engineers, project managers, business partners, and client support staff to ensure multi-system technical requirements and/or implementation and testing requirements are fully developed and documented for Clients and Visa staff. We proactively support consistent on-time delivery of Client documentation for every Visa Business Enhancements Release, ensuring that the SSAE 18 audit item is successfully met.
On our team, you’ll analyze business requirements, multi-system conceptual approaches, and technical designs to define and document the technical changes and configuration and testing requirements for both Clients and Visa staff. You’ll also determine from project documents as well as consultations and article reviews with the project team the information applicable to each audience and how it will be presented and positioned in the article.
Other projects our team works on include standalone Technical Letters, Technical Specification Guides, Client Implementation Guides, Service Activation Guides, and Service Advisories for off-release systems implementations, as well as updates to internal guides for customer service staff.
Building and managing strong relationships with business partners and technology teams, as well as regularly interacting with both technical and non-technical staff, are key to smoothly and successfully delivering our projects on time.
As key contributors and subject matter experts in their own right, our writers also support the VisaNet Business Release process by serving as technical contacts and/or providing support in the Command Center. They also serve as third-level support for Client inquiries.
Position is based in Austin, TX.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
10 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD.
12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
• 12+ years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree.
• Minimum of 7 years of experience at Visa, with knowledge of Visa products, services, core systems, and/or processing.
• Extensive experience with writing highly technical documentation based on business requirements, technical project artifacts, and interactions with subject matter experts, including system architects and senior software engineers.
• Strong knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the rules of composition and grammar.
• Strong customer service, analytical, research, interpersonal and problem-solving skills required.
• Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Demonstrated ability to quickly absorb, analyze, and understand new information, technologies, and practices.
• Proven business processes analysis skills: gathering business requirements, analyzing systems impacts, accurately capturing system requirements and specifications.
• Experience with API documentation is a plus.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office products for Windows including Word, Excel, Visio, and SharePoint.
• Experience with advanced authoring software such as Acrobat.
• Experience with XML documentation tools and profiling, XML editor (Arbortext Editor, Oxygen, or similar) and document repository (Documentum or similar) highly preferred.
• Familiarity with Web design tools (SharePoint Designer and Workflow) preferred.
• Experience with graphics editing software such as Illustrator, Photoshop, or PaintShop Pro preferred.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.