Software Test Engineer - Connex Advantage/Base24
Visa, Highlands Ranch CO, US
Everywhere you want to be
Essential Functions – As a Software Test Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, creating and executing test plans and test cases for the Debit Processing Services applications. You will be responsible for reviewing requirements, assessing the appropriate course for testing, executing to those plans and ensuring all anomalies and issues are addressed appropriately.
You will be executing and analyzing manual tests, existing automated tests and growing and updating the automated test suites as functionality, products and technologies continue to evolve.
- Demonstrate Visa's core values, maintaining a delivery-focused approach
- Cultivate, support and promote an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, collaboration and innovation
- Design, create, execute and report on functional tests against multiple applications, services and projects
- Create systems and test documentation per organizational standards
- Ensure compliance with audit and security requirements for all testing activities
- Actively seek opportunities to evolve and improve the existing standards and practices to improve efficiency
- Identify and document software/system defects in a clear, timely manner
- Assume responsibility for following up and ensuring identified defects are resolved and validated
- Identify and troubleshoot system, integration or operability issues working with other departments as needed
- Cultivate, support, and promote an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, integrity, and teamwork
- Work with business representatives, IT Management, IT Development, support teams and vendors to ensure on time, on budget, and high quality deliverables
- Coordinate and collaborate with our globally distributed team
- Create, modify and improve automated test suites.
Colorado Salary Statement - This position has a minimum base salary of 80,000 USD and a midpoint base salary of 102,000 USD. The base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition, this position is eligible for annual bonus and equity.
Flex Work Arrangement - Hybrid Position - This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
• 3+ years of automated testing experience
• 4+ years of experience in software test/test engineering
• 2+ years of manual testing experience required
• 3+ years of EFT experience
• HP NONSTOP Platform - Tandem/Connex Advantage experience
• ATM experience
• General business knowledge of EFT, Debit and Transaction Processing
• Strong understanding and knowledge of Software Engineering concepts and methodologies
• Strong understanding of Quality Assurance processes and methodologies
• Experience with formal test management tools such as Application Lifecycle Management, Quality
Center or equivalent
• Experience with a formal defect tracking tool/application such as Jira or equivalent
• Proficient in at least one programming/scripting language including but not limited to Java, C++, C#
• Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills with deep understanding of customer relations
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
• Strong ability to work independently and self-manage
• Must be able to organize and prioritize workload in order to meet necessary deadlines
• Proven ability to make independent judgments/decisions within established guidelines
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.