Visa Direct Payouts is a payment service Visa provides to clients (sending and receiving financial institutions, processors, merchants, and service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to accounts around the world using push payment technology. Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person-to-person (P2P) transfer, person to micro-business transfer (e.g. payouts to shared economy providers), funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claim disbursement), and more.
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager that is a self-starter, ready to learn and experiment, and able to work both independently and as part of a team. A key driver of success will be the ability to focus on the highest leverage activities in the face of rapid change and new information, and the ability to independently drive activities all the way to successful completion. Product management and development will be a focal point in our strategy to deliver world-class Visa Direct products to market. .
The ideal candidate will be a structured, experienced money-movement/payments/financial services lead, an analytical thinker with excellent communication skills and a strong interest in how products are developed and delivered. S/he will possess a unique combination of product expertise, problem solving ability, flexibility with rapid changes, intellectual curiosity, and attention to detail. Day to day responsibilities include the following:
- Familiarity with digital payment technologies, the payment ecosystem and the various players involved in the value chain
- Develop subject matter expertise on the Visa Direct product suite, including platform expertise, market readiness, product features, pricing economics, and global nuances.
- Clearly articulate business requirements and partner with technology teams to introduce new product features and enhancements
- Collaborate with cross-functional business, product, technology, client services and other teams to deliver best in class client solutions and product offerings
- Develop product strategy and roadmap for Vis Direct to support clients and their use cases
- Work with partners to execute the product roadmap and successfully launch clients on new capabilities
- Support commercialization teams with materials, training, and client engagement to enable sales of the service
- Define KPIs and success metrics, track and analyze progress against goals
- Monitor product adoption, identify opportunities and make recommendations to drive product uptake and effectiveness
- Evaluate new product opportunities (both buy and build solutions) to enhance money movement offerings
- Provide reporting and recommendations to leadership on an ongoing basis
- Coach, mentor, and/or manage other product managers
While we list Foster City, CA as the primary location, this position may be done from another Visa location in the U.S. for the ideal candidate.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
• Knowledge with payment systems (card networks, ACH, RTP, digital wallets), banking or funds/money movement, having performed product management, or solutioning in the past
• Strong customer-facing communication skills and technical aptitude
• Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to broad audiences in an approachable way and strong documentation skills, including PowerPoint
• Detail oriented and highly execution focused by working in conjunction with various counterparts across multiple functional groups
• Ability to quickly learn about the internal Visa systems and how it all works together
• Ability to influence, negotiate and drive results, ensuring that timelines are adhered to and any risks to the project are called out early
• Embrace change and ambiguity in an ecosystem that is rapidly evolving.
• Excellent communication skills and executive presence.
• Global experience in the payments industry e.g. Payments processing and innovations in developed and emerging markets
• 9 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 or more years of experience with a PhD
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.