Strategic Client Program Manager - Director
Visa, Lehi UT, US
Everywhere you want to be
The Product Operations Director, Program Manager will be an integral part of our Product Operations team supporting the Product Management organization to ensure superior operational delivery for product initiatives. In this role, you will be responsible for managing strategic cross-functional global initiatives that include, but are not limited to, the following lifecycle activities: product requirements, product build, training, legal, marketing, commercialization/go-to-market activities, and client communication. Additional tasks include providing regular status reporting, product roadmap updates, supporting the change management process, assist with annual planning, and other responsibilities as assigned. This position will include interacting directly with Product Managers, Product Development, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, and Visa cross-functional teams in a Global environment. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter with leadership and management qualities that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited oversight. He or she must be a fast learner who can quickly absorb the nuances of complex, varied payment offerings and can quickly absorb the nuances of complex, varied payment offerings.
- The Direct, Program Manager will lead project planning activities and facilitate project meetings, ensuring the project team delivers against its commitments with the highest quality deliverables in a timely fashion
- Leveraging strong project management industry expertise and collaboration skills, identify required activities to successfully deliver the program, ensuring appropriate task assignments are in place
- Establish and manage client expectations through-out the project lifecycle; follow defined scope management processes
- Define Communication Plan to ensure appropriate Cybersource and Visa Stakeholder involvement and communication is in place
- Report and escalate issues, with mitigation and path to resolution
- Identify risks, perform risk analysis, effectively manage risks; proactively raise prioritization and scheduling tradeoff decisions, escalating and identifying alternate options as appropriate; Follow defined Risk Management processes
- Process Improvement: Support identification and evaluation of process risk areas to identify improvement opportunities within current operating model. Identify opportunities for business process optimization/streamlining, process re-engineering and process design to achieve business goals.
- Oversee and ensure all status materials are compiled and completed in a timely fashion. Document and distribute project and activity status on regular basis to key stakeholders and executive leadership.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to manage key performance metrics and assist with budget management and roadmap documentation
- Assess existing processes and identify opportunity for improvement
- Participate in other project related activities, as requested
- Coach, review, and delegate work to lower level professionals
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 12+ years’ experience as project manager, delivering complex business sponsored projects. Ideal candidate will have deep knowledge and experience with all aspects of software development life cycle and Go-to-Market/commercialization aspects of introducing a new product or feature to the market. Activities include planning, execution, market launch, and will require experience managing cross functional and global project teams in a matrixed environment.
- PMP certified with current credentials is preferred.
- Experience in Agile environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of payment and/or risk management systems and the industry is preferred.
- Excellent MS Project and presentation skills.
- Ability to drive cross-functional project teams of services personnel dispersed across multiple geographies and disciplines in a matrix structure where none of the resources report directly to the program manager.
- Able to motivate staff and influence their tasks to align with organizational goals and priorities.
- Strong organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
- Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle from requirements gathering to post-implementation customer support.
- Solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies and best practices.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently while coordinating activities with cross-divisional teams.
- Team player; able to communicate with technical and business experts at all levels of the organization.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to think strategically.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.