Workload Automation System Admin (Staff Engineer)
Visa, Ashburn VA, US
Everywhere you want to be
The Workload Automation and Integration group is responsible for engineering and support of the IT infrastructure for Visa Inc. and VisaNet via Vendor Tools and Homegrown Utilities. This Staff Systems Engineer role is an individual contributor role responsible for identifying and resolving issues of moderate complexity. This position is at an intermediate professional level and requires strong execution and analytical abilities. This role works independently and receives minimal guidance.
This role is a recognized expert within Visa responsible for contributing to the development of functional strategy. This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving unique and complex problems, identifying areas of opportunity and provide top notch support to our customers.
- Support of Workload Automation Tools
- Excellent Problem Determination skills.
- Tool Administration
- Consulting with and supporting capacity planning efforts.
- Server Vulnerability Patching
- Provide 24X7 production support of Visa operations. Requires on-call rotational support for geographically dispersed data centers.
- Manage workload and escalate to Sr. Engineers and manager, as needed.
- Work with other support, development, and user groups to manage requests from the perspective of automation and BRP failover design and functionality.
- Work with vendors on software issues and problems as needed.
- Basic use of documentation tools, such as Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Power Point.
- Team Leader
- Ability to work with management and users from all levels of knowledge and expertise.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
Basic Qualifications :
• 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
Preferred Qualifications :
• 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
• Strong working knowledge of Workload Automation Tools (dSeries, Control-M & ESP)
• Strong Ability to write scripts for automation. Windows/Unix/NodeJS/MVS/API/JSON
• Project Management Skills is a must
• Workload Automation Scheduling experience is required
• Experience with installation, maintaining, and implementation of code and vendor software.
• Strong problem determination skills
• Basic knowledge of documentation tools, such as Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Power Point.
• Ability to work with management and users from all levels of knowledge and expertise.
• Ability to work independently.
• Working knowledge of all flavors of Unix & Windows. TSO/Mainframe Experience is a plus.
• Significant (3 or more years) systems engineering or programming experience.
• 5 or more years total Information Technology experience.
• Team player with strong communication skills.
• Bachelor s degree or equivalent.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
The best bed for better sleep