We are developing and executing a shared strategic vision for Visa Business Data Solutions platforms and products that enable Visa to be the world-leading data-driven payments company. As a Staff Data Engineer, you will be part of a world-class team of Engineers to define, drive and execute on this vision.
The role is that of Staff Data Engineer The successful candidate will help develop customer focused Web and Data applications using technologies across Java, Spring boot and knowledge in Hadoop eco systems as well as adopting new open source technologies. The job involves system architecture, design, development, Optimization, setting expectations and SLAs with focus on reliability, availability and performance to enable Visa’s Global clients. In this position, you are first a passionate and talented developer that can work in a dynamic environment as a member of Agile Scrum teams. Your strong technical leadership, problem-solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills is just a start.
- Design and develop mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Work on development of new products and enhancements to existing systems iteratively by building quick POCs on cutting edge technologies and converting ideas into real products
- Work closely with architects, business and technical stakeholders to develop high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology
- Instill best practices for software development, and deliver high quality work on tight schedules.
- Monitor health of the platforms and Generate Performance Reports and Monitor and provide continuous improvements.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes
- Coordinate Continuous Integration activities, testing automation frameworks, and other related items in addition to contributing core product code
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
Flex Work Arrangement - Hybrid Position - This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years with a PhD, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field.
• 6+ years of software development experience and expertise in leveraging development best practice methodologies.
• Expert in Java programming language.
• Expert in Building Web applications.
• Expertise with RDBMS systems like SQL Server, Oracle or DB2.
• Expert in Developing Microservices and REST APIs with Spring Boot.
• Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for building highly distributed and parallelized systems.
• Knowledge in Hadoop eco systems is plus.
• Experience in GIT, Maven, Jenkins build tools is plus.
• Solid understanding of distributed system concepts, non-functional requirements like logging, monitoring, debugging, alerting, performance.
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Passionate about delivering zero defect code that meet or exceed the proposed defect SLA and have high sense of accountability for quality and timeliness.
• Ability to deliver on multiple projects and manage priorities based on changing directions.
• Excellent presentation, collaboration and communication skills required.
• Experience being part of an Agile/Scrum team and following processes.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.