Senior Software Engineer - Relocation Available
Visa, Austin TX, US
Everywhere you want to be
The person in this role will be responsible for developing high-quality software to provision, optimize compute, network and storage building blocks using Open Stack or commercial products. The successful candidate will work on bleeding-edge technology in automating various sections of Infrastructure components. He/she will develop solutions through programming & scripting to reduce turn-around time for repeatable tasks. Also ensure that the code is modular to be reused across multiple systems / by other developers.
- Design, implement and develop world-class automation testing module for Cloud components. Marshall “industry coding standards”, design patterns and practices within Visa
- Build tools to improve operational efficiency of cloud infrastructure in all areas of Infrastructure Automation i.e. Provisioning, Scaling, Availability, Upgrade, Maintenance, Security and Governance
- Coding for auto provisioning and administration of applications on IaaS and PaaS.
- Work within a highly-skilled team along with Engineering Managers to determine methods and procedures on new automation assignments.
- Evaluate “Proof of Concepts” based on Long Term Architecture and pilot new tools & technologies.
- Provide guidance to less-experienced team members. Review and evaluate codes developed by junior members to ensure we develop only highest-quality code.
Flex Work Arrangement - Hybrid Position - This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
• 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work
experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
• 3+ years hands on experience in automated software testing.
• Complete understanding of STLC process.
• Extensive Experience in Test automation for QA and Performance Testing.
• Hands on Knowledge on Java/Selenium, Rest Assured, Postman, JMeter, Katalon
• Knowledge of Cross Browser Testing and Multi Form factor Testing is a plus.
• Knowledge of Automation Testing for CLI and Go Lang is a plus
• Knowledge of Jira, Jenkins, Gitops, Github, Bitbucket, Docker, Kubernetes is a plus
• Needs to be able to deliver without supervision
• Needs to be a quick learner
• Certification on Testing, Java is a plus
• Prior knowledge to Dev Ops domain is a plus
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.