Software Engineer III (Back-End Developer)
Visa, Ashburn VA, US
Everywhere you want to be
Visa's Cyber Defense team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for design, development, and implementation of critical Cyber Security platforms. Extensive web service development skills are a must. In this position, you are a passionate and talented developer with problem-solving abilities and coding/testing/debugging skills who can work in a dynamic environment. You must be dedicated to delivering production-ready code in short timeframes and willing to go beyond the routine. This position will report to the Head of Cyber Defense / Advanced Threat Detection.
- Develop innovative solutions to protect the Visa brand, networks, assets and products by implementing state-the-art detection, prevention, and response capabilities
- Engage in technical design of solutions and features based on use cases and business requirements
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and proactively assess and evaluate the adoption thereof into the organization
- Demonstrate technical mastery and be an inspirational leader and mentor who continuously develops the competencies of him/herself and others
- Reduce time-to-detect and time-to-remediate by driving the automation of applied threat intelligence.
Flex Work Arrangement - Hybrid Position - Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
• 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
• BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields, or equivalent experience, with a minimum of 6 years Java and web service development
• Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, OOD, design patterns
• Mastery of back-end development in Java with Gradle / Maven build tools
• Experience with web services standards and related technologies (HTTP, Spring, XML, JSON, REST)
• Expertise in Angular and Python.
• Experience with the ELK Stack (Elasticsearch / Logstash / Kibana)
• Solid understanding of, and experience with database technologies such as SQL
• Experience with development of application/platforms supporting Security requirements
• Proven problem solving skills and an ability to respond resourcefully to new demands, priorities and challenges
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively
• Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new initiatives
• Experience with high volume/velocity/variety (‘Big Data’) data sets and tools
• Experience with APIs and machine-to-machine communication
• Experience with Continuous Integration and containerization technologies (Jenkins, Docker)
• Proficient on both Windows and Linux platforms
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.