Senior Product Manager, Visa Business Solutions
Visa, Atlanta GA, US
Everywhere you want to be
The Senior Product Manager, Visa Business Solutions leads our Center of Excellence (COE) practice in North America which includes market research, segmentation, benchmarking, performance, market trends, drivers of commercial and business payment product usage and satisfaction. They are responsible for the development of the COE program and packaged actionable insights for internal stakeholders, external clients and teams for thought leadership. They will be the lead on Visa partners with syndicated studies, custom research, client product usage to develop a view point on Visa’s digital products and client maturity as well as product initiatives that link to social impact. The individual will be responsible to provide the broader organization insights from the market that will help Visa solve payment, cash flow, working capital and supply chain needs of Small to large-sized Businesses while delivering meaningful value for our customers and partners in North America. This role requires a strong sense of ownership, vision, curiosity, critical thinking, creative problem solving, ability to identify patterns and connect themes with a breadth of knowledge and thought leadership in payments.
The talent will lead by example, enable and inspire and collaborate effectively in a matrixed environment while delivering with a strong focus across Small Business and Middle Market segment. This approach is critical to succeeding in this role.
In addition to managing our COE program, this role requires a solid understanding B2B payments (Issuing and Acceptance), products and solutions used by small & mid-market companies to manage their business needs (e.g. cash flow, accounting packages, payroll solutions) small business banking (e.g. checking accounts, loan products) and payment needs (e.g. credit, debit, prepaid, digital solutions, etc.).
- Leads our Center of Excellence (COE) practice and develop the brand, mission and deliverables to key stakeholders.
- Maintain program with a regular cadence of publishing research studies, industry deep dives, benchmarking by client segment (Small to Large Business) and expense category.
- Packaging market trends, key themes, insights associated with market intelligence and competitive landscape.
- Working across the product, sales and strategy and operations teams to deliver market research, segmentation, benchmarking, performance, insights, product guidance to be used for thought leadership
- Support the development of Visa’s Commercial benchmarking tool in close alignment with VBS Product, Strategy, Data Science, Consulting & Analytics and Sales teams.
- Identify business opportunities to drive new payment volume and optimize existing portfolios through packaging of Actionable Plays and Blueprints for Success that our clients can deploy
- Support key stakeholders in packaging materials and content for client business reviews, market engagement and product collateral that demonstrate end user benefits.
- Understands the needs of Small and Medium Businesses in the US and Canada through market research, gap analysis, competitive analysis, etc.
- Support product launch initiatives across the team including identifying market needs and business requirements, user stories, personas, set plays, solution design, market messaging and other deliverables as needed
- Advocates and evangelizes Visa small and medium sized business market needs and solutions, internally through large and small meetings at all levels of the organization, and externally through live and virtual speaking engagements (as needed).
How will you create impact and fit into the team?
The individual will directly impact our market P&L and product vision for Visa’s commercial solutions through -
- Helping create issuer segmentation strategies and industry vertical set plays to commercialize our products and services
- Delivering packaged research and thought leadership, and product engagement with our issuing financial institutions and partners.
- Analysis of strategic industry and vertical opportunities that demonstrate Visa capabilities that increases revenue for all parties
- A deep understanding of our clients business in the context of an evolving marketplace and industry Expanding
- Expanding the utility of Visa products and solutions with new Middle Market use cases
- Tracking of industry news, trends and latest announcements that are meaningful to the business we support today and identify new opportunities or challenges ahead..
- Creation of presentations for internal approvals and external client facing partnership discussions.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to develop executive presentation with striking data visualizations for use in discussions with audiences of varying technical ability
- Development of financial models that communicate business cases of Middle Market products for our issuers.
- Self-starter attitude with sharp business judgement and high attention to detail
- Working knowledge of mathematical and statistical tools and methods and test and learn plans
- Thrive on finding creative solutions and adapting to constantly changing circumstance
- Continuous self-development drive to have the most up-to-date analytics skillset and ability to learn & use best practice analytic tools offered by Visa.
**This role may be located in Denver, San Francisco, Austin, New York, Atlanta, Miami, Ashburn or Toronto Visa offices.
In Colorado, this position has a minimum base salary of 114,500 USD and a midpoint base salary of 148,800 USD. The base pay may vary for other US locations. The base pay may also vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition, this position is eligible for annual bonus and annual equity.
• 8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or at least 5 years of
experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
• 9 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 or more years of experience with a PhD
• 7+ years of professional experience, preferably with a major financial institution, consulting firm,
payment card company or technology leader with a Bachelor's Degree or similar academic
• Expertise managing quantitative research programs and analytics with a background in statistics,
economics or business administration.
• Experience of carrying out research projects, includes researching, collating conducting research in
business confidence, end user attitudes, economic indicators or enterprise/business research
• Excellent proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Power BI.
• Understanding of payment systems and day to day banking services (card networks, business
payments and bank solutions)
• Experience with network, issuer, processor or accounting software partners
• Strong analytical skills with experience conducting market research, building pro-forma financial
models, developing hypotheses based on unstructured data, validate the hypothesis and provide a
• Experience of disseminating research outcomes through in person/online conference
presentations (or similar events), or producing into written reports/findings and or presentations for
expert and non-expert audiences.
• Detail oriented and highly execution focused by working in conjunction with various counterparts
across multiple functional groups
• Excellent communication and group presentation skills and strong customer-facing skills
• Ability to quickly learn about the internal Visa solutions, processes, culture, leadership principles
and how it all works together
• Embrace change and ambiguity in an ecosystem that is rapidly evolving
• Ability to structure, manage, and coordinate across complex cross-functional teams including
technical and non-technical resources
• Strong results-oriented leader, analytic and fact-based consultative discipline demonstrating a
• Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
The social news and entertainment company.