Do you like to envision how today's software and processes could be enhanced to enable tomorrow's customer experience? Are you motivated by making the lives of developers easier? Does building platform software to enable faster delivery of software products sound rewarding? Then this is the role for you. The Visa Marketplace Services (VMS) product team is looking for a world-class director of product management to help envision, specify, and manage a software platform that will change the way Visa builds products.
As a Director of Product Management, you will create a vision of what could be, then collaborate with a team of world class product managers and developers to turn your vision into reality. You'll work with teams throughout Visa to integrate with their platforms, you'll sing the praises of the VMS platform to development teams to entice them to build upon it, and you'll check in with users of the platform to be sure their needs are being met. You'll do all of this in an agile development environment where you'll help our teams hone their agile mindset and advance their scrum practices.
You will take on challenging product management opportunities with autonomy and high visibility, working across teams to determine and communicate the value of features, prioritize those features, create roadmaps, and break down barriers preventing teams from delivering. You'll deliver recommendations to senior executives and drive alignment across levels, functions, and organizations.
This is a unique opportunity to build a solution that will transform Visa's product development approach, speeding time-to-market, simplifying adherence to standards, and enabling centralized customer management. Join us in our ambitious, dynamic environment where you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most dedicated product and tech leaders, UX designers, and full stack engineers in the industry.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD/PhD)
- 6+ years of experience in product management, 2 of which are in an agile/scrum environment
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Experience creating a product vision, communicating that vision throughout an organization, gaining buy-in for the vision, then delivering on it
- Passionate about building cohesive, capable, resilient teams that strive to meet their commitments while continuously improving their development approach
- Proficiency in end-to-end product delivery, launching complex products that delight customers and drive business success
- Ability to foster cross-team collaboration with a variety of counterparts, including design, product, platform, and technical teams and to influence leaders and teams across functional areas
- Aptitude for both written and verbal communications across a variety of audiences
- Enthusiasm for evaluating the value of features and prioritizing feature delivery based on value, ability to build product roadmaps and define product requirements
- Interest in and knowledge about technology trends, experience contributing and influencing engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD/PhD)
- 8+ years of experience in product management, 5 of which are in an agile/scrum environment
- Experience driving toward a microservices architecture solution
- Skilled communicator with both technical and non-technical audiences, both verbally and in writing, ability to lead cross-functional teams across product, engineering, design, operations, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Intellectually curious and analytically rigorous
- Solution oriented and looking for ways to provide added value
- Positive approach and commitment to collaboration with shared purpose
- Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate new ideas
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one