Visa Design Engineering is looking for a Staff UI Engineer to join us. We believe that great design has the ability to engage and inspire users, and we strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with our applications and products. Our team members are strategic and conceptual problem solvers who make every design decision an informed one. We value hard work, accountability and collaboration and look for tried skills over big egos. Our team excels in working together and recognizing individual strengths and values each contributor as a key factor in optimally delivering a project. If you understand Yes, and over No this is the team for you.
In this role, you will work closely with UX designers, software engineers and product owners to build pixel perfect layouts, user interface components, and web applications for a variety of digital products and experiences. You will work on a very agile team and be expected to context shift quickly between projects.
Role responsibilities include
- Analyze existing software for Usability and Accessibility issues and provide recommendations for improvement
- Work with a diverse team of product owners, UX designers, and developers in a fast-paced environment, with quick iterative cycles
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in mobile and web engineering and introduce them into projects when appropriate
- Promoting UI/UX front-end standards and Accessibility for mobile and web
- Fielding inquiries and requests for support from partners
- Work with Visa UX leadership team to attract, build, and maintain an engaged team of UX professionals across the globe
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are encouraged to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
• 6 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 or more years of experience with a PhD
• Experience working in payments industry
• Experience implementing pixel perfect layouts and UI components
• Understanding of UX and the design techniques and principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes, and web prototypes
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills (Required)
• Ability to work independently and manage one’s time (Required)
• Ability to analyze written requirements and visually conceptualize the user interface and application flows (Required)
• Knowledge of Adobe/Figma/Sketch products
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Tech Jobs For You
Sr. Product Manager: Vault PKI, Key Management and Crypto
HashiCorp, United States - Atlanta, Georgia (Remote)