The VisaNet Platform & Reliability Engineering organization is responsible for software development, platform engineering, and production support of the world’s largest and most reliable global payments processing engine. Passionate about technology, the successful candidate will be a talented, technical, proactive, energetic person who embraces challenges and is a proven problem solver to develop and support the VisaNet Integrated Payment (VIP) System in the Systems & Middleware division . As a Mainframe Systems Engineer, you will work with other System Engineers, Applications Programmers, and support teams to perform daily activities ranging in complexity and be responsible for the installation, configuration, upkeep and reliable operation of one or more environments.
Some of your Key Responsibilities
Our engineers do more than just write code -
- You’ll help our customers achieve their real goals by understanding their requirements and how they respond to their business needs.
- You will analyze business requirements and architect a solution that is robust and scalable along with providing technical documentation of solution
- You’ll develop and enhance system and middleware software on the zTPF and or zLinux platforms to meet Visa's business requirements
- You will provide support and problem resolution for the production VIP (Visa Integrated Payment) and OVN (Open Visa Network) systems
- Develop interfaces to leverage emerging technologies in the zTPF and zLinux environments.
Flex Work Arrangement - Hybrid Position - This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced
Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related
technical discipline is required
• Ability to work well with a team in a high performance organization
• Ability to use efficient coding techniques to produce well-structured, easily
• Ability to develop technical specifications from high-level business
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to prioritize workload and maintain focus
• C/C++ and OO design required
• Knowledge of SQL/NoSQL preferred
• Familiarity with Linux OS desired
• Experience implementing software solutions in a highly complex environment
• Strong oral and written communications skills
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Tech Jobs For You
Workday Payroll /Time Tracking Consultant/Lead - Education & G...
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA