Vistar Media, Philadelphia, PA
Vistar Media is perfecting the art of reaching customers
Some of our Arsenal
- CoffeeScript / TypeScript
- PostgreSQL / PostGIS
- Amazon Web Services
- React, Flux and Redux
On the Vistar Media engineering team, we never stop looking for our next addition. We’re kinda hoping that addition is you. We are located in Center City, Philadelphia.
We're a startup with an established, well-tested codebase, but we aren't afraid to shake things up. We want to solve our problems with the right tools, whether they’re cutting-edge, or tried-and-true. We're happy to explore new territory (who isn't?), but we won't jump on something shiny for the sake of it. Our engineers work with many different languages and platforms every day. If this gets you excited, we'd love to hear from you.
- Be well versed in at least one compiled, one interpreted language and one web framework
- Have extensive experience with distributed systems
- Have coded a non-trivial system soup to nuts. CSS, persistence, deployment, et cetera
- Understand Linux to a degree where you’d be comfortable admin’ing a fleet of boxes
- Be able to design and implement a large, efficient codebase
- Be able to ballpark the computational complexity of a snippet of code
- Understand HTTP
- Be able to decompose business requirements into a set of RESTful resources
- Be opinionated about your tools. Love Angular? Great. Hate Angular? Great.
- Have experience with the full stack. From the database to CSS.
- Be able to both identify and implement a practical test suite
It sure would be nice if you:
- Have run a system on EC2
- Know how to decompose an algorithm to map/combine/reduce phases
- Have worked with language abstractions like CoffeeScript and less
- Have experience coaxing functional requirements out of business requirements
- Know right where to look when your friend has messed up their .htaccess
We’ll consider baking you a cake if you:
- Have experience in the advertising industry
- Write a practical test suite for your personal code and push it to a CI server
- Like using tools like Git Flow to organize releases, features, and fixes
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. If not, that’s okay. But, we do bake a pretty mean cake.
About Vistar Media
Vistar Media is an advertising platform that enables brands to reach consumers based on their behavior in the physical world. We work with enormous data sets that help us understand where consumers go throughout the day. Through our geospatial technology, we are able to not only gain valuable insights from this data but also, act on these insights by reaching on-the-go consumers through mobile and out-of-home advertising.
Vistar Media is the only company that can offer this seamless experience, surrounding consumers with media across two screens. We spent the first 1.5 years of our company building the ad tech infrastructure (ad server and exchange) for digital out-of-home knowing that in order to truly reach a consumer in the physical world, a marketer must have scale across both mobile and out-of-home media.
Want to learn more about Vistar Media? Visit http://www.vistarmedia.com/
Jobs You May Like
Temp, Software Engineer in Test
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Sr. DevOps Engineer
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA
Senior Software Architect
Getaround, San Francisco
LiveIntent, LiveIntent Berlin
System / DevOps Engineer
foodora Germany, Berlin