Do you want to help people get where they are going faster, cheaper, and without ever having to worry about traffic? Voom is a long-term bet on urban air mobility in the world’s most congested cities. To start, we are building the world’s first truly on-demand helicopter booking platform while preparing for the next generation of electric vehicles. Voom is operational today in São Paulo and Mexico City with more cities launching soon.
Voom operates like an autonomous startup, but given we are fully funded by Airbus, the world’s largest airplane and helicopter manufacturer, we can offer big-company stability and benefits
This role reports to the Head of Product.
To get specific, your responsibilities will be to:
- Work with the rest of the Voom Product Team (engineers, design, product) and stakeholders to create world-class consumer products. You’ll be contributing to the brand as well as the product.
- Pair every day to develop mobile applications and web sites for customers to book and schedule flights, and for our operational partners to plan, schedule, and manage these flights.
- Along with the rest of the team, take operational responsibility for our sites’ uptime, testing, and deployment.
Some characteristics helpful in this role may include:
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a related field, and/or 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
- Familiar with Ruby, Rails, and commonly used gems. You are also eager to learn about React & React Native. We would consider an engineer who has experience with similar frameworks like Python + Django.
- Familiar with the Linux command line.
- Familiar with the Agile development process.
- Likes to think about how to break problems down into smaller, iterable steps.
- Ready to dig into the full lifecycle of data flowing through the system.
Voom is an equal opportunity employer in every category. The data is incontrovertible that diversity leads to better teams, better performance, and better results. Consequently, we actively seek candidates of all genders, backgrounds, and experiences.
Imagine soaring over rush-hour traffic on your way to work. This would be a dream come true for anyone who has endured a commute in any of the world's largest cities. It's no secret that rush-hour traffic can be insufferable. And unfortunately, given the forecasted increase in urban population, the problem is only expected to get worse. Traffic costs local economies billions of dollars every year. And aside from the financial impact, we know that traffic has a real, and negative, impact on commuters' health. Voom is looking skyward with a radical concept that will relieve urban congestion and its detrimental consequences today. Voom has developed a mobile platform that makes the dreams of commuters come true... fly over traffic jams with the tap of a button. Voom has built one of the world's first truly on-demand helicopter services that will provide its travelers the ultimate in convenience and reliability, yet does so in the most affordable and accessible way. Voom, a strategic initiative of A^3, the Silicon Valley outpost of Airbus Group, is elevating travelers' daily lives by uplifting their daily commutes.
Want to learn more about Voom? Visit Voom's website.
Jobs You May Like
Engineering Manager - Bank Engineering
Affirm, New York, NY
Web Engineer - Growth
Full Stack Developer
Beam Solutions, San Francisco, CA
Lead Engineer Backend
Narvar, Bengaluru, India
Pre-Sales Solutions Architect
MongoDB, Washington D.C.
Sr Front-end Engineer (Content Library)