Social Media Producer - Part Time
Vox Media, NY, DC, Remote
Shaping the future of journalism and entertainment
Vox Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. The Vox Media house of networks includes industry-leading media forces like SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode, and Polygon, and reaches an audience of hundreds of millions, generating over a billion content views each month.
We created Vox to solve a problem in the news business. We’ve spent too much time in the media burying the important under the new. We want to explain the news to people by giving them the relevant content and context they need, when they need it and where they will find it.
To support these efforts, we’re looking for a part-time social media producer to help run our social accounts. You should be able to adhere to the Vox voice and tone on social media, track social trends, and make complex news accessible and informative for our audience on social media.
What you'll do:
- Run Vox’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and other accounts as needed, leading to increase in followers, engagement, and site referrals
- Occasionally help with live event coverage (such as debates, awards shows, etc) live on social
- Monitor trending social and search topics and ensure our accounts are relevant to the conversation
- Pitch stories to partner platforms such as Apple News
What you'll bring:
- Proven track record running social for major media outlets or brands
- Incredible attention to detail and intolerance for errors
- Creative writer able to execute social posts quickly under pressure
- Extensive knowledge of mainstream social channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- A passion for the news is a must. A background in journalism is a plus.
- The ability to concisely explain complicated news story on social platforms
The social media producer will be a part of the Vox Engagement team, whose focus is to increase traffic to the site, increase loyalty, tell off-platform stories and provide meaningful opportunities for the Vox audience to engage with Vox staff and other readers. We are an integrated newsroom so you will be working closely with the Vox editorial and product staff.
This position will start at 5 hours per week (usually on Friday mornings) with the opportunity to take on more, as dictated by our staff needs and be paid at an hourly rate. An ability and willingness to work some holidays and weekends is a plus.
To apply, please submit the following items:
- A 280-character cover letter (DO NOT SEND a traditional cover letter)
- Your resume
- A list of the social accounts for a brand, media org, etc that you currently manage (or examples of posts from when you did manage)
- 3 examples of how you would share/promote this recent Vox story: https://www.vox.com/world/2019/4/10/18283027/brexit-news-uk-eu-questions
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
About Vox Media
Vox Media is a prestigious modern media company that believes in the power of going deeper to connect with global, passionate, curious audiences. Through our authoritative house of brands, commitment to developing standout technology, and high-fidelity advertising, we are shaping the future of journalism and entertainment.
Want to learn more about Vox Media? Visit Vox Media's website.
Jobs You May Like
Social Media Campaign Associate with Japanese language
indaHash, Poland, Warsaw
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Senior Technical Artist
Content - General Applications KSA
noon.com, Riyadh, KSA
Red Ventures, Cirencester, UK
Cheddar, New York