Account Director, Enterprise
Vox Media, NY, SF, CHI
Shaping the future of journalism and entertainment
Vox Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. Vox Media’s networks and businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, and the Vox Media Podcast Network.
As an Account Director, Enterprise at Vox Media, you will use your expertise and knowledge to work with our most trusted partners to unlock the full potential of their brands through a unique blend of premier content offerings, high-value audiences, cutting-edge technology, and a deep product portfolio. Your primary responsibility is to drive and grow revenue with new and existing partners by providing solutions that build our clients' businesses and brands.
This is a high-energy job requiring persistent and persuasive interactions with clients, deep digital, social and mobile expertise, proven sales skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with internal teams to close deals. You will need to think strategically about your clients business and will take a consultative approach, uncovering your client’s needs, and bringing them appropriate opportunities.
What You'll Do:
- Manage trusted relationships with partners and develop a thorough understanding of their business challenges.
- Develop new relationships at all levels with agency and client partners.
- Build and maintain a strong knowledge of Vox Media’s advertising products and solutions.
- Serve as a trusted consultant with partners consistently bringing them creative, solution oriented ideas and products to meet their business challenges.
- Oversee the proposal and media plan process, ensuring highly relevant and creative solutions for partners.
- Work closely with your territory senior management to manage internal revenue expectations and forecasting.
- Manage multiple cross-platform opportunities and projects.
- Build access and opportunity outside of the traditional RFP process to create meaningful and long-lasting partnerships that extend beyond campaign flights
What You'll Bring:
- BS/BA in Advertising, Marketing, Business, or a related field.
- 4-6 years experience in digital advertising sales with a proven record of exceeding revenue goals.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Willing to travel.
- 4+ years of experience in advertising sales, marketing, consulting, or media.
- In-depth knowledge of digital media, online marketing technology and its competitive landscape.
- Well established relationships within the advertising industry.
- Knowledge of traditional as well as contemporary/online marketing tactics and strategy.
- A deep understanding of the industry's key issues.
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
About Vox Media
Vox Media is a prestigious modern media company that believes in the power of going deeper to connect with global, passionate, curious audiences. Through our authoritative house of brands, commitment to developing standout technology, and high-fidelity advertising, we are shaping the future of journalism and entertainment.