Director, Client Success - Growth Segment
Vox Media, New York
Shaping the future of journalism and entertainment
Vox Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. Vox Media’s networks and businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, and the Vox Media Podcast Network.
The primary responsibility as Director, Client Success is to service, scale, and grow revenue nationally by developing a strategy that aligns with broader company goals, is complementary and lock-step with our Sales strategy, and puts your team in a position to succeed. Reporting to the Vice President of Client Success, the Director is responsible for designing, managing and executing the account management strategy for the newly created segment of our business spanning all categories on a national basis. You will use your expertise, knowledge and experiences to lead a team of customer success account management professionals focused on servicing and growing advertising partnerships to unlock the full potential of their brands through a unique blend of premier content offerings, high-value audiences, and cutting-edge technology.
This is a high-energy job, requiring proven leadership, persistent and persuasive interactions with our client base, deep digital, social and mobile expertise, and the ability to work collaboratively with internal teams and senior management to achieve broader company goals.
What You'll Do:
- Manages team of 8+ Account Managers and/or Sr/Account Managers distributed across the US market, New York, Chicago, and San Francisco.
- Effectively leads a team focused effectively across a complicated product suite, that is skilled in the identification of incremental revenue opportunities, and passionate about customer partnership and customer satisfaction.
- Provides day-to-day leadership, is a go-to resource, and point of escalation for team in regards to questions, issues, challenges, and wins.
- Account Manager educator and cultivator. Ensures operational excellence in AM role.
- Proactively coaches and develops talent based on individual strengths, opportunities, and passions. Directs and facilitates new hire training as well as ongoing learning opportunities.
- Ensures execution excellence across every campaign and ensures proven capability in the performance optimization of all advertising programs. Leads the team into an upselling and renewal driving machine. Creates a relentless focus on impact, results, and client outcomes.
- Partners with Sales, Strategy, AdOps, Reporting, and Content Management in planning for aggressive revenue targets, increased resource demand, and takes a proactive stance to resource/capacity planning ahead of demand. Stays ahead of demand in terms of headcount planning and resource readiness.
- Builds and grows senior level customer and industry relationships proactively in the marketplace.
- Maintains a balanced culture of delivering on profitable revenue and enabling creative solutions, while consistently meeting/beating cost-of-service, customer satisfaction, accuracy metrics, and customer and employee satisfaction goals.
- Effectively solves problems, is always looking for new, better ways to do things. Infuses this into the culture of their team on a national basis.
- Leads culture of accountability and collaboration where teams consistently deliver quality and accuracy. Cultivates and enables a best practice culture.
- Maintains and grows a culture of feedback and a proactive approach to career development. Develops high potential talent with goal of retaining and growing this talent within Vox Media.
- Strategic thinker/story-teller who steps back from the day-to-day to see the bigger picture and communicates that story to their team and customers effectively.
- Leads and/or represents Client Success with cross and inter-departmental initiatives around business process redesign, new product GTM, specific customer deliverables, and more.
What You'll Bring:
- 8-10+ years of Account Management experience or related business experience
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Passion for and demonstrated excellence in people development and organizational leadership.
- Experience in successfully leading organizations through change.
- Demonstrated passion for, and ability to represent the value and impact of our product offering on our clients, teams, and its relationship to our overall business goals.
- Proven in building executive level customer relationships.
- Leader who inspires followership, leads with conviction, and brings a calm sense of confidence to the organization.
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
About Vox Media
Vox Media is a prestigious modern media company that believes in the power of going deeper to connect with global, passionate, curious audiences. Through our authoritative house of brands, commitment to developing standout technology, and high-fidelity advertising, we are shaping the future of journalism and entertainment.
Want to learn more about Vox Media? Visit Vox Media's website.
Jobs You May Like
Snap Inc., New York, NY
Account Executive, Large Enterprise (Chicago, IL)
Box, Chicago, IL
moovel North America, Portland, OR
City Launcher, Yelp for Restaurants
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Sales Development Representative
Apartment List, San Francisco, California