Vox Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. Vox Media’s networks and businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, and the Vox Media Podcast Network.
The Vox Media Podcast Network creates high-quality audio programming for passionate audiences, hosted by top talent from our house of editorial brands and beyond. We are looking for an Account Director, Audio to join the team working with the leading podcast direct response advertisers and agencies.
As a member of a growth business, you will use your content expertise and channel knowledge to grow a key revenue stream via our suite of audio products with an array of DR partners.
This is a high-energy job requiring persistent and persuasive interactions with clients, proven sales skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with internal teams to close deals. You will need to think strategically and creatively, about our business and your clients' business and will take a consultative approach to ensuring a mutually beneficial partnership outcome.
This position will report into the VP of Audio Revenue and Partnerships. It is a NYC-based position.
What You'll Do:
- Be an audio expert, on both VMPN and the broader podcasting landscape
- Work with sales management to develop account and agency strategies
- Proactively prospect and pitch existing and new DR partners on our audio offerings
- Develop new relationships at all levels with agency and client partners responsible for audio advertising and communications
- Manage a sales pipeline, generate referrals/leads and track/follow-up on leads
- Work with sales support staff and finance team to ensure spots are booked, fulfilled, and invoiced properly
- Drive high sales call volume and presentation activity with excellent verbal and written sales presentations
- Serve as a trusted consultant with partners by consistently bringing them creative, solutions-oriented audio ideas and products to meet their business challenges.
- Oversee the proposal and media plan process, ensuring highly relevant and creative solutions for partners.
- Work closely with VMPN VP to manage internal revenue expectations and forecasting.
What You'll Bring:
- BS/BA in Advertising, Marketing, Business, or a related field.
- 5+ years experience in digital advertising sales - preferably with experience selling on-demand audio/podcasting - with a proven record of exceeding revenue goals.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Willing and able to work with multiple stakeholders across a business opportunity to develop the best solution for our clients
- Willing to travel.
- Must have empathy, emotional and intellectual curiosity and think in terms of identifying solutions vs identifying issues
- Attention to detail, ability to be flexible, work nimbly and with sense of humor.
- A passion for online media, in particular podcasting (you will be listening to a lot of podcasts) and journalism/storytelling
- Sense of humor — both wit and off-kilter welcome — and an easy-going attitude
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
About Vox Media
Vox Media is a prestigious modern media company that believes in the power of going deeper to connect with global, passionate, curious audiences. Through our authoritative house of brands, commitment to developing standout technology, and high-fidelity advertising, we are shaping the future of journalism and entertainment.
Want to learn more about Vox Media? Visit Vox Media's website.
Jobs You May Like
BGB Group, BGB Group
Lifestyle Writer, Branded Content
Refinery29, New York
Writer/Producer - Wake Up with cheddar
Cheddar, New York
Customer Success: Rotational Development Program (RDP)
HVMN, San Francisco
Axios, Arlington, VA