Vox Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. Vox Media’s networks and businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, and the Vox Media Podcast Network.
As a Recruiter for Vox Media, you will lead the recruiting process from source to close for three of our networks: Vox.com, The Verge, and Polygon. Ideal candidates for this position will have experience in full life-cycle recruiting within high growth organizations. This position will report to the SVP, People & Culture and will be based in Vox Media’s New York, NY office.
What you’ll do:
- Strategically source and build pipelines for various Editorial related roles including: Writers, Editors, Producers.
- Create and execute a full life-cycle recruiting process, ensuring a smooth and positive candidate experience.
- Partner with hiring managers and leadership to understand their needs and build a strategic team together.
- Leverage internal tools and your network to source a creative and diverse talent pool.
- Help sustain and improve Vox Media’s candidate experience.
- Work with a strong sense of urgency, and fill the highest priority needs for the company.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, leadership and HR Business Partners to understand hiring needs; clearly map out hiring strategies and manage expectations throughout the process.
- Track and report metrics.
What you’ll bring:
- A strong desire to work at Vox Media and familiarity with at least one of our brands.
- 3+ years of hands-on recruiting experience in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; proven ability to thrive on change
- Experience recruiting for media companies and/or for roles related to content creation.
- Proactive and able to work autonomously.
- Experience recruiting top tier talent using diverse and creative sourcing methods.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to take initiative and build strong relationships.
- Ability to articulate the company's mission, vision, values, products, and culture.
- Proven success delivering customer service through relationship building and understanding of the business.
- Ability to sell, negotiate, and close.
Bonus points for:
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business or similar field
- Greenhouse experience
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
About Vox Media
Vox Media is a prestigious modern media company that believes in the power of going deeper to connect with global, passionate, curious audiences. Through our authoritative house of brands, commitment to developing standout technology, and high-fidelity advertising, we are shaping the future of journalism and entertainment.
Want to learn more about Vox Media? Visit Vox Media's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director of Talent Acquisition
Warby Parker, New York, NY
Talent Sourcing Manager - Tech
Lyft, San Francisco
Integrated Marketing Internship (NY) - Summer 2019
Fullscreen, New York, NY
Join the General Assembly Expert Network
General Assembly, New York
Global Operations Recruiting Manager
1010data, New York